News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

First Redwall Forum Monthly Competition Submission Thread

Started by Lily, August 10, 2014, 03:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

Submit your monthly competition entries here! Just post your image or a link to your image and say a few words about your entry.

The submission deadline is August the 24th and voting will commence on the 25th.

If you need help posting images please check the FAQ.

Our first submission was from Leatho Shellhound:

Artist's comments: It's not the best, but since it was a summer thing I draw otters is a river for my post card. I also added some harebell flowers in the corners b/c it's the summer of Hares and Harebells.

Captain Tammo

I've wouldn't call myself an active member of the art section on the forum, but what better time to try something new than at the very first Redwall Forum Competition!? So here's my postcard, The Summer of Hares and Harebells as depicted from Redwall's North-West wall corner on the path :)

Sometimes I have trouble with making art. Usually when I make any at all, it's for my fanfiction (I loooove fanfictions!). This is my first attempt at something purely related to Redwall. Rather than going for a very detailed approach, I decided to focus on a different art style and make it look a little bubbly, like the paint was splattered rather than laid down evenly. I then went back through and added some harebells on the grass and growing around the tree to go along with the theme. However painting on some hares resulted in a rather awkward image, so I kept it a bit simpler. Then I slapped a fancy "R" in the top corner to make it look a little like an official painting that was printed on the postcard. The product is something that I feel is unique and I can be proud of, despite my lack of experience :)

Can't wait to see what the others have created. This was a lot of fun and I'd encourage everyone to give it a shot. Even if you struggle with art, there are some ways that you can hop around it and experiment. Not to mention that it's fun, too!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Unimaginative

Three days before the deadline, but I made it. I'm not much for traditional mediums, so I've used a photo editor to put this together.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Captain Tammo

I don't see anything showing up :/

Edit: hahaha I like it!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Unimaginative

Fixed it, thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: Thanks!

Russano the Wise

Here's my entry for the contest. When I think of Redwall in summer the first thing that comes to mind for me is a peaceful afternoon picnic next to the Abbey pond. So that's what I drew.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Unimaginative

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Lily

Sorry about the delay, I was busy for the past few days. Please vote here!