News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Connections between Books

Started by ShamanSquirrel, October 05, 2015, 02:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShamanSquirrel

Hi, this is my first post.  A few months ago I got interested in the Redwall series.  I started with Redwall, but then I decided to read the rest of the series in chronological order (Lord Brocktree, then Mossflower, etc...).  I'm currently on Mattimeo after reading Salamandastron (I skipped Redwall since I read it already). So far, I think I like Salamandastron the best.

Now, my question is, this. Is anyone writing any fan fiction that connects the books? Characters from two different books meet? Stories featuring characters from one book (i.e. Salamandastron) meeting characters from the next book chronologically (i.e. Redwall)? For instance, perhaps a young Methuselah meets an old Samkim?  I would read those fan fictions, I just need to know some good examples.  Thank you!

The Skarzs

Hmm, I think the person to ask would be Captain Tammo; he's always in the Fan Fiction board. As to my own knowledge, many fan fiction writers prefer making their own characters.

In any case, welcome to the forum, ShamanSquirrel! If you make a post in the Introduction Topic in the Front Lawns, the other members will more readily greet you.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

Welcome to the forum, Shaman! :) You can introduce yourself to the forum in this thread.

As for your question, I agree with Skarzs. I'm honestly not sure. Here is the Fan Fiction Directory, which has a list of most of the fanfics on the forum (I say most because it needs to be updated). It's a good reference.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Captain Tammo

Hello, Shahman, and welcome to the forum!

If you're looking for a crossover between characters from different books, you may have some trouble finding it. Most of the Fanfictions on the forum involve an original cast, some authors use a mix of characters from the books and their own characters, and a few use strictly canon characters. In terms of these character connections, you won't find any that are in story format. Though there are a few poetry/lyrical threads which involve the cast from all of Brian's books.

Hope that helps!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior