News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Adders of Mossflower

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, July 06, 2011, 12:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albrithr

Two words:  Snake Cavalry.

Cornflower MM

I'm afraid you lost me, Albrithr.

SilentSam

O yea... Hmmm I remember 1 asmoseus was it?
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

LT Sandpaw

We need a French Adder :D

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ...
                                                              (Why is there no sleeping emoji)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

willruth

I think maybe a European Alusclipian(pardon spelling) Snake , like the ones introduced into north wales and regent's park and have gone wild!! ;D

Søren

A puff adder. That would be funny.

I'm retired from the forum

Feles

imagine a black mamba or a cobra, scary
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Lady Cregga

There are adders in Taggerung.
"Look at 'em blubberin', Song,' Dippler whispered. "Bet you can't start everybeast weepin' by singin' somethin' nice and sad?"...There on the rocks of the sunlit island the young squirrelmaid's voice rang out into the late summer afternoon.
..In the hush that followed, Song noticed Dippler weeping.

Wylder Treejumper

All this talk of terrifying adders, and then we have Mister Death from Rakkety Tam... ::)
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on February 21, 2015, 02:23:38 AM
All this talk of terrifying adders, and then we have Mister Death from Rakkety Tam... ::)

Good old Mister Death.

Also, what do you think would happen if Gulo fought Asmodeus?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Gulo, naturally, would use his greater strength and power to bull throught the snake. Asmodeus isn't stupid, and could dodge quickly, sustatianing small, minor injuries before attacking Gulo himself.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

They would probably both end up killing each other, Gulo because of his great size, strength, and endurance, and Asmodeus because of his cunning, his own size, and his venomous bite.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

I did some research.

The only venomous snake native to Great Britain, which Mossflower is based off of, is the common adder. Thus, Asmodeus would have been of this type. Well, honey badgers prey on snakes that are more poisonous and dangerous than the adder is, and the wolverine's hide is at least as tough as a honey badger's.

Even if Asmodeus was able to penetrate his hide, his poison might not be up to the job -- apparently, if a snake penetrates the badger's skin, it isn't unheard of for the badger to kill the snake anyway, get knocked unconscious for a few hours, then wake up and eat.

Even if Asmodeus bites him and even if the venom is fatal, it's very unlikely to work fast enough to prevent Gulo from getting the kill. So, it should be a curbstomp for Gulo.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Cregga

For the same reasons as James, I think Asmodeus would win. What would happen if Baliss and Urthstripe, the badger lord from Salamandastron, fought?
"Look at 'em blubberin', Song,' Dippler whispered. "Bet you can't start everybeast weepin' by singin' somethin' nice and sad?"...There on the rocks of the sunlit island the young squirrelmaid's voice rang out into the late summer afternoon.
..In the hush that followed, Song noticed Dippler weeping.

rrrrr

I think Urthstripe would win.

Baliss is foolish because he didn't know that a hedgehog had spikes  :o

:)
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.