News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Tweaks & Changes (1/6/17)

Started by James Gryphon, January 07, 2017, 01:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

I've been working on the forum some the last few days, I guess trying to get some things in before I have to go back to school on the 17th. ;)

There have been a few minor changes to the forum, as well as some that I hope to work on over the next couple of weeks.

Firstly, all of the new emoticons I added some time ago have been tweaked to ensure color correctness, and Aaron's Set (which had been missing them for months) finally got them added in earlier today.

I've also started work on a new theme style, based on the old Redwall Abbey Forum. You can preview the work by switching on the "Experimental" style. It's nowhere near the state I'd like it to be before I call it "done", but it already looks a little more like the old place than the style we've had this time -- for both good and bad. I hope to eventually add this to our growing roster of theme styles.

Finally, the profile icon and button have been tweaked to feature a change from the original icon used in SMF 1. It now features a great man I think everyone in our community has become well acquainted with over the past few years.

In the long run, I intend to make more tweaks designed to make the place a little more like the old days, as well as tweaking the appearance of things a bit more across a variety of our theme styles, and make usability improvements to the place. I hope someday to get in a good mobile theme, and improve people's access to recent posts, so that people can keep better-appraised with what's going on at all times, and maybe reduce the impression that the forum is slow and the shoutbox chat room is the place to be for communicating with people who are online.

Thanks again for participating in the community!
« Subject to editing »