News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Keeping secrets is HARD!

Started by Matthias720, February 05, 2017, 05:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

How I have longed for this day! It was hard not saying anything, but here we go... We're back! The day we've longed for has arrived! More details will arrive soon. In the meantime, allow the nostalgia to flow! Oh, and if things go down at any point, they WILL be back up again. Promise. Pinky-swear. Cross my heart.

Enjoy!

Luftwaffles

Just a quick update: A temporary theme has since been selected on the old forum and it has now become readable! This will hopefully make it easier for you to browse thru your old topics and to take a good look at all the amazing memories you had on that place. This, however, will NOT mark the end of our work on that board. Greater things are to come, so stay tuned.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Luftwaffles

Great news, guys! The long-awaited forum merger is finally upon us!

As I'm sure you are all aware, this process would mark the return of the RAFF as our main board while importing and embracing all the posts made here to the DB, effectively resulting in a 0% lost rate for us. This also means that all the tweaks and improvements made in here would be part of the old board, making your experience even more enjoyable with the addition of features like "mentions" and "thank posts" (among many others). All of this will make the RAFF become a successor to itself, and the next logical step into making it the forum it truly deserves to be.

Now, this is a lengthy and complicated process that would require us to shut both forums down while it is done, either tonight or tomorrow. Feel free to drop a message on the Discord chat if you have any questions regarding the status of the merging.

You can also contact us directly by e-mail at either: james.gryphon@yahoo.com or ******* (Sierra).

- The Staff.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Luftwaffles

UPDATE:

• FTP Merger... DONE!
  • Theme Installation... DONE!
  • MySQL Database Merger... Up Next!

James Gryphon

As y'all have probably figured out, we took a go at the forum merger this morning. It was a good attempt, but there were unforeseen hiccups and difficulties, and things didn't turn out the way we wanted. The merger doesn't look like it's going to happen today. That said, we have good backups of both forums, and plan to try again and get it right as soon as possible.

In the meantime, the LAF will be up until we're ready to take a second shot at this. I expect that we'll probably give you a few hours' warning before that happens, and when it does it'll probably be done mostly during the night, so it shouldn't inconvenience too many of you.

Thanks for your support during this interesting and occasionally frustrating process.
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

The Loamhedge forum is undergoing work intended to set the stage for attempting the merger sometime in the next few days. I thought it was fair to warn y'all that there may be technical glitches in the meantime. Hopefully these will be resolved soon.
« Subject to editing »