News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Dogs/hounds

Started by BadgerLordFiredrake, July 19, 2013, 02:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgerLordFiredrake

Otters and badgers, and hedgehogs have been referred to as wavedogs/streamdogs, stribehounds/stripedogs, and spikedogs/spikehounds (I think) respectively.  Were there every any dogs or hounds?  Interesting fanfic idea.
baby turtle forever

Tam and Martin

Hmm....I don't think there are but as you said it would make a great fanfic! ;D

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

BadgerLordFiredrake

Yup, a lot of ideas come to me late at night.  xD

The closest is Urgan Nagru, when he found a dead olf.
baby turtle forever

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah remember Methuselah explainin' zat a dog told him aboot Cluny in Redwall, o' courze zince it vaz ze firzt book a lot o' characterz appear zat dinnae appear again in ze Redwall zeriez.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Aye, and they made a "cloaked" appearance in The Bellmaker, as I said.  Interesting, will have to get redwall out again... what page is it on?
baby turtle forever

MeadowR

You think they must get the name from somewhere! Various breeds of dogs couldn't really be running around in the wild if there were no humans to breed them. Any would still be at more of a wolf state. I'm not sure how to explain that one, really!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Shade

WOOF WOOF!!! Sorry...
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Shadowed One

Don't forget Chickenhound! He was named after a hound, so their might be some.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

BadgerLordFiredrake

But wait, what about the chickens? :P  Yea, true.
baby turtle forever

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

CHICKEN RANCH! Zorry. Family joke. Juzt ignore ziz pozt.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Shadowed One

In the first book, Brian had lots of things that aren't in later books like cows, beavers, horses, etc. So their might not be dogs in Redwall.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Captain Tammo

On the topic of hounds, anybody know what the dirge hounds were?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Maudie

No but they were scary! Perhaps they were actually wolves? :o
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

It zayz on ze Redwall Viki zat zey vere tvo female Ermine.