Dogs/hounds

Started by BadgerLordFiredrake, July 19, 2013, 02:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Sable on February 10, 2014, 03:19:30 AM
I've always thought that a really interesting fanfic idea would be an external threat to Mossflower/Salamandastron from a wolf pack or something. It could force an alliance between vermin and woodlanders and be an instance for a different type of Redwall story.
Same here! I always wished that would happen in a real book though.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

MeadowR

That does sound cool! It would be really interesting to see how the woodlanders, good and bad, came together to fight off a wolf pack or similar. :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Gonff the Mousethief

otters and badgers are stripedogs and riverdogs.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Tam and Martin on February 10, 2014, 06:14:20 PM
Quote from: Sable on February 10, 2014, 03:19:30 AM
I've always thought that a really interesting fanfic idea would be an external threat to Mossflower/Salamandastron from a wolf pack or something. It could force an alliance between vermin and woodlanders and be an instance for a different type of Redwall story.
Same here! I always wished that would happen in a real book though.
Read my fanfiction. I have a wolf in there and how powerful I think it would be in the Redwallverse. It's a start at least.
BTW, I'm going to steal that idea and start another fan fiction with the wolves vs all other creatures. ;D JK (maybe)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

willruth

I think in the Redwall universe the terms dog and chicken were originally applied to a use in nicknaming certain creatures(eg. chicken means coward)and if there were these creatures in redwall then the words would be applied to them only after they already had a different meaning ;D

Tim Churchmouse

In 'Redwall' when Methuselah is going through the Abbey records he finds that a TOWN DOG told another recorder about Cluny.
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

Tam and Martin

Yes, I remember that. That was in Redwall though right?

Tim Churchmouse

Yes, it was Tam and Martin
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

Tam and Martin

willruth

It could also apply to, say an old inhabitant of a town or a seadog in a town(who would have heard far and wide of Cluny)!!

Lady Ashenwyte

Or maybe hound is just a made up sailor word, or maybe the hounds had a major migration, or they just died out.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

SilentSam

Or maybe hound is another word for wolf in redwall?
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: SilentSam on January 03, 2015, 09:16:17 PM
Or maybe hound is another word for wolf in redwall?

Now you say it, I can imagine town wolves. Hmmm.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Yeah, but really, thw word "dog" is used in another book besides redwall,  I think it's used in Brocktree.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

asmodeus

If there were wolves, would they be vermin or goodbeasts?
I use arch btw.