Redwall Fan Movie (and about copyright)

Started by Shadowed One, April 28, 2013, 12:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowed One

This is a fan-made movie of High Rhulain. It will not be sold or otherwise distributed except to people working on the project. I may post screenshots here, if not, it will be because the movie did not work out.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Rusvul

Is there a website that will be the center of activity for this project?

Leatho Shellhound

Yes, is there? I would really like to know!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rusvul

The Heir of Rawnwave is a redwallish pirate themed fan project, you may want to check it out.

Osu

rusvul - ooh, link please? I haven't heard of that one...

And Shadowed One, yes, you must share with us if you make any headway on your fan film!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Shadowed One

I am going to make a website for it. And yes, I will probably show you stuff from the movie. I just might not show the whole movie since it isn't getting published.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Rusvul

Phoenix Unity- http://phoenix-unity.deviantart.com/ They might have stopped making HoR,
though. I hope not.

Shadowed One

UPDATE: I have finished the character designs and am working on the script. The script will stick as closely to the book as possible, if you were wondering.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Shadowed One on April 29, 2013, 05:11:22 PM
UPDATE: I have finished the character designs and am working on the script. The script will stick as closely to the book as possible, if you were wondering.

Is there a reason why you won't be able to post the movie on the forum?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Shadowed One

Well, part is I don't want to get sued. The other part is, I don't feel comfortable with having my name and my family and friends names in the credits(since we are doing the voices). I might put the movie here with just music and no voices just subtitles. That way it would not be a problem.

Shadowed One

Oh, by the way, feel free to post any ideas you would like in the movie. I will try to put them in it if I can.

Redwallfan7

Wow, cool. I would love to see a movie about High Rhulain :)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Shadowed One

Yes, it is my favorite book, so I decided to make it. If I finish it, I will probably make other ones too.

Shadowed One

Here is the link to the website, I will post pictures there:

highrhulainmovie.weebly.com

EDIT: The site has been taken down.

LordTBT

You need intellectual property rights to make a movie, it doesn't matter if you're not selling it. This is not legal folks. You don't want a lawsuit.