News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

[CRAFT] [DISCUSSION] Leatho Shellhound's Wooden Swords

Started by Leatho Shellhound, February 20, 2014, 09:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Cool! I've recently picked up an interest in whittling/woodworking/wood carving myself, but I haven't made much. The wood around here's a bit hard for me and my beginner's knife. :D

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on April 03, 2014, 09:05:38 PM
I made some wooden swords, but nothing like those! I mostly made mine just to spar with. Unfortunately, no one where I moved apreciates that art.

Cool!

Quote from: 321tumbler on April 04, 2014, 11:18:24 PM
I have a perfect piece of wood that I could use to make without help, but now I can't find my pocketknife!

Yay!! I'm glad you found a good piece of wood! 

I hope you find it. ;)

Quote from: Osu on April 06, 2014, 03:44:49 AM
There are NO WORDS for how incredibly, amazingly cool these are! It's clear you've put a lot of work in to those swords, and you've done such a wonderful job! Seriously, there can't be anything more fabulous than walking around with a butt-kicking sword -- do you ever go about wearing any of these, show 'em off and whatnot? -- just all around excellent work, sir!

Thank you so much!! Well I'm hoping to take at least one to a costume party some time. :D

Quote from: Cornflower MM on April 06, 2014, 09:54:36 PM
Cool! I've recently picked up an interest in whittling/woodworking/wood carving myself, but I haven't made much. The wood around here's a bit hard for me and my beginner's knife. :D

Yeah, wood working is great! No worries I use old hard fence wood, so I know it can be tough to make delicate work some times. :)
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

321tumbler

I've made it! It turned out more of like a crude knife though because I finished in 15 minutes. Should I post it here or make my own topic. I'll see if I can actually post a picture.

UNKN0WN

Quote from: 321tumbler on April 09, 2014, 08:57:23 PM
I've made it! It turned out more of like a crude knife though because I finished in 15 minutes. Should I post it here or make my own topic. I'll see if I can actually post a picture.

I'd like to see that.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: 321tumbler on April 09, 2014, 08:57:23 PM

Swell! Post it where ever you want, I'd really like to see it! :D

click the banner

Dannflor

There is no Question about it, You are a true Artist Leatho!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

The Skarzs

Have you considered using ironwood? ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 04, 2014, 12:20:24 AM
Have you considered using ironwood? ;D

It would be very hard to work with. I only have a knife and hand saw. But the biggest problem would be that there isn't any ironwood lying around my house.

click the banner

The Skarzs

No kidding; it grows down in Mexico.
It also causes sparks when you try to cut it with a saw. ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

AWESOME! Especially the gladius and the fantasy sword.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Log a Log Grummel

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner