=-Redwall Species Test-=

Started by CaptainRocktree, July 05, 2014, 08:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conrad the Painless

I took the vermin test this time.

You, my friend, are a Fox! One of Redwall's cruelest and most cunning of creatures. Foxes are known not only for their intelligence, but their cruelty and blood thirst as well. You are a creature who expects respect from all beasts and are just as quick to associate fear with the word. You see rewards, never struggles and use those who serve you as fodder if need be. Once decided, you are hard to sway, for your confidence and arrogance know no bounds. Everything you set your sights on, should become yours, whether with struggle or not, it is as good as yours. You enjoy seeing the weak squirm and your pure unadulterated greed is often what drives you. There is always a treasure at the end every campaign, and you will claim every last one for yourself. Torture the innocent if you must, kill your own if it brings luck, you are a beast who will stop at nothing for your conquest.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Mischevael

~I looked over the selections for the test concerning the type of vermin to see what it was like. I've discovered that there is not one question I could truthfully answer. I can't say I would even involve myself in attacking a band of mice or even being among those who would, especially after answering that I would help the band of mice on the other test. It would be a conflict of personalities. I can't say I would do this or that when I said the exact oppositte elsewhere. If I did, somewhere I'd be lying to myself. Truthfully, how can one be both a goodbeast and vermin? Why would one say they are willing to say or do one thing turn around and do the other? Are you either going to help the band of mice or are you going to even be among those who would attack them? Just food for thought.
~With the fur of peace.
Shall their spirit ne'er cease, its sweet endeavor.
With the beckoning bell toll, long live every soul.
Above all, the mice of Redwall forever.
************~Mischevael.

Jetthebinturong

Quoted from Niten from Michael Scott's the Warlock

"No man is ever just one thing"

While it is true that one may protect a band of mice, in the right circumstances that one might attack a band of mice

I don't believe in moral absolutes and I'm probably in the minority for believing there are perfectly justifiable reasons to kill someone. I don't believe any one thing is good or bad, but the consequences of those actions and the reasons for committing them, these are what matter. Is one a bad person for killing someone if one has never been taught killing someone is wrong? It certainly seems that "vermin" simply grew up that way and do not know any better, so are they evil or are they just misguided? Are they cruel by nature or is it a product of their environment?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Mischevael

~Justify attacking the innocent? Wherewith? If the band of mice were say, rogue and went off doing bad things then they have lost their innocence. But there is no justifying murder. I believe one has a sense of what is right, born with a particular amount of light. When he chooses to deny that light he is therefore responsible. As we choose to darken that light it then becomes our character. Veil as I recall, was raised up in the Abbey but chose to reject the light he had while living under their instruction. The character first is inherited, then cultivated as we go through life. Our tendancies we are prone to from our youth can be overcome through education. But if we neglect or choose to go otherwise we forfeit the light we have, turning it into darkness. It is easy to be overcome by the presence of others' character when ours is in the molding stage. For it is a law of the human mind that by beholding we become changed. But if you holdfast that you have more will be given. Veil at the end shown signs of the instruction he received by trying to protect the mousemaid that brought him in. So can a vermin change? Yes, I believe they can. Only through much training and patience he can become a goodbeast. In some instances killing is the only resolute option, but is it murder? I say no. The vermin do not kill, they murder. One trained from their youth to murder any who are beneath him is still a murderer even though he was never taught any good. Can such change? It would take a great amount of effort and patience but if the light isn't fully exstinguished then there is a chance. Murder like it or not is a bad thing. In the final dispensation those deserving of many stripes will receive as such, those deserving few stripes will likewise receive as much. There is a moral law that governs everything. All will be judged according to its standards. You may not believe this, but those who go about with the belief that nothing is either good, nor bad tend to when tested lean towards those things otherwise considered 'bad.' Becareful, lest you call what is good, bad and bad, good.
~With the fur of peace.
************~Mischevael.

Jetthebinturong

You never said the band of mice was completely innocent and I haven't played the quiz. Most of the abbeybeasts were prejudiced against Veil because of his species, it is my belief that he turned out to be (for the sake of simplicity) evil because that was what was expected of him by all but very few. Ah but some vermin do not murder, they only fight in wars and often you see evidence that they don't want that and they just want to live peacefully for example the rats from Marlfox all willingly threw down their weapons when the foxes were defeated and then proceeded to live peaceful lives as farmers. I do not believe in good and evil actions and I certainly do not believe in final judgement
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Mischevael

~I understand and now let's let it rest. Have a great Friday! I wonder if the Redwallers had a certain calendar. They kept every other record.

As a hare leaps sloshing ale on an otter, "hey, watch it there long ears!" "Sorry there."
~With the fur of peace.
************~Mischevael.

Hickory

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hare! None are more noble or gluttonus (im not gluttonus though) and epic!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

I got a wildcat and an otter... not sure what I was expecting  :D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Dippler

Badger for the goodbeast test. And a Marten for the bad guy.
There are two types of people, those who can finish sentences

Dibbun Against Bedtime

"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Edraithel

"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Ashleg

Apparently a  mole and a pine marten had a Dibbun, 'tis me. XD

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Delthion

I am a Squirrel! After I took it again!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.