News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Tapestry

Started by Leatho Shellhound, June 26, 2012, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

well the tapestry is in most books but two books (the Legend of luke and Mariel of Redwall)  tell a different story of how Martin in the tapestry was made.

In the Legend of luke it was a picture of luke's father.....in Mariel of Redwall they (the redwallers) make Martin.....I know that because Dandin chose the color of his face.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

redwallgurl

yes the taperstry has been remade many times over the years at redwall
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Tiria Wildlough

I like the tapestry. It's a good drawing subject.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

I saw a really cool drawing of the tapestry that a user did on Deviant Art.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MatthiasMan

Oh that one. The tapestry had been stolen by Cluny and had to be resewn to come back together, but the tapestry wasn't complete until Martin's death, correct?

Skipper

I think they only sewed the edges, they had no reason to redo Martins face.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Skipper on July 09, 2012, 07:28:21 AM
I think they only sewed the edges, they had no reason to redo Martins face.

I know...hard Q. I think he (The author) just forgot he wrote that it was a picture of Luke's father.

click the banner

MatthiasMan

Maybe he left it that way for the reader to find it. Sometimes author's do that. You have to figure it out. And I meant when they sewed Martin, he was already dead, right?

~Malzahar~

redwallgurl

true they probably just got the picture of martins face by dreams

GeminyaTome

Remember, in Mattimeo the birds destroy it. Also, the Redwallers might have changed who it was; after all Martin is their warrior, not Luke.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

redwallgurl

Saxtus wasn't there ^

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

redwallgurl

In mattiemo? No I think Abbot Saxtus was in Mariel of Redwall.

Leatho Shellhound

I know, that is what I don't get in Mariel of Redwall it sound like they are making Martin for the first time.

click the banner