Dibunns to Adult Ratio.

Started by 321tumbler, January 12, 2013, 10:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why do you think there are so many dibbuns and so little young adults?

Woodland orphans that the Abbey took in
11 (39.3%)
Their parents went looking for adventure
3 (10.7%)
Many young ones don't survive the winters.
0 (0%)
I don't have any idea!
4 (14.3%)
The parents just aren't mentioned.
10 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Redwaller

Because, when there was one, he talked about it.

321tumbler

Okay, just gathering info so I can make my decision.

Leatho Shellhound

I have been reading, and there are a lot of parents in the books, they are there.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

AxeHound

Add to the poll that their parents just aren't mentioned in the books. That's what I think.

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Kitsune

I think that they went out adventuring... if you were living in Redwall for all your life, you would get REALLY bored by the time you are older. But if you came to visit Redwall, you might want to stay there forever. That's my take on it.

GeminyaTome

Quote from: Lutra on January 12, 2013, 10:14:18 PM
The better question may be where are the younger animals that are breeding them?  We always seem to hear of the older, elder animals in the abbey, but are these the parents?  They sure don't speak as if they are the parents of the dibbuns.

There are a lot of animals that are not mentioned. SO, it may be that they have parents, but they just aren't mentioned. OR, they might be orphans. Good question, though.....
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4