Wearats

Started by Ungatt Trunn, November 05, 2013, 10:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

I'm pretty sure that we are all well acquainted with these hideous beings; large, grostue creatures with thick, scaly skin, small beady eyes, and string that can make badgers run for cover. But we don't know much about were they came from. How did these strange hybrids come into being? Was there ever some clan of Wearats that spread throughout the world of Redwall? What are your guys thoughts?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

Well, I think it began with the breeding of a Weasel and Ferret. THen they passed it on from there.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on November 05, 2013, 11:12:04 PM
Well, I think it began with the breeding of a Weasel and Ferret. THen they passed it on from there.
Freakily, that must have happened more than once.

Jukka the Sling

^Maybe it didn't happen too many times. Maybe one of the Wearets married another wearet and had a bunch of baby wearets!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on November 05, 2013, 11:36:46 PM
Well, maybe one of the Wearets married and had a bunch of baby wearets!
But to keep up to become a "common" species, the whole Weasel and Ferret thing had to be done. It even said that it was part Rat!

Jukka the Sling

Well, aren't there wearEts and wearAts? And they're 2 different animals?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on November 05, 2013, 11:41:39 PM
Well, aren't there wearEts and wearAts? And they're 2 different animals?
I think that, in the two times that a Wearat appears, its a Wearat. Or am I wrong?

Tam and Martin

A Wearet is a cross between a wesel and ferret. A Wearat is a cross between a Weasel and a rat. A wearat though is truly not possible because the Weasel and rat are of a different genus but Brian may have just made them that way  :)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on November 06, 2013, 01:55:36 AM
A Wearet is a cross between a wesel and ferret. A Wearat is a cross between a Weasel and a rat. A wearat though is truly not possible because the Weasel and rat are of a different genus but Brian may have just made them that way  :)
But was a Wearet ever used in the Redwall series?

Tam and Martin

I think it was. In the Rogue Crew

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on November 06, 2013, 02:21:38 AM
I think it was. In the Rogue Crew
No, in The Rogue Crew, it was spelled Wearat. At least, if I remember correctly...

Tam and Martin

I'll go check the books...

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on November 06, 2013, 02:24:31 AM
I'll go check the books...
I'll go do the same right now...it just so happens that I own a copy of The Rogue Crew...

Tam and Martin

Alright, in the Rogue Crew it says that it is a Wearat. In Mattimeo, it is a Wearet!

Ungatt Trunn

it just so happens that I can't find the book at the moment. :P but it seems like you have it covered, Tam.
Well, well, do you think that means that Wearets and Wearats are different types of creatures?