Previous topic - Next topic

See topic.

Yes
69 (90.8%)
No
7 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Luftwaffles

Yes, I actually rooted for Shadow when he first fought Matthias at the beginning of the first season (and I recall being extremely annoyed at the outcome of that fight).
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Dippler on February 25, 2015, 06:20:36 PM
Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 17, 2013, 04:27:02 AM
I admit I rooted for Ublaz with the conflicts between himself and the rebellious vermin in sampetra.

Also, I don't recall the book or character name, but there was a pair of vermin who stopped by the abbey. One was referred to as captain and was set on stealing things, but the other found a joy with abbey life and liked building boats out of barrels for dibbuns. The "captain" killed somebeast and they made off with some form of loot, but the other vermin choked him to death and brought everything back to the abbey. He said he was horribly sorry for what happened, along with "you can kill me now." But the abbeybeasts showed mercy. He shortly after left the abbey to build ships on the coast.

Now that guy was a vermin I rooted for. Could anybody tell me who he is or where to find him??

I believe that was in the Bellmaker, and his name was Blaggot.

*Blaggut. Is it fair to call him a bad guy? If it is, than count me in too. I loved him, the heart he possessed, what he did, his breaking away from the stereotype. He was a flavor totally unique to The Bellmaker, and part of the reason that it's far superior to Mariel in my book.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Feles

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on March 04, 2015, 11:12:13 PM
Yes, I actually rooted for Shadow when he first fought Matthias at the beginning of the first season (and I recall being extremely annoyed at the outcome of that fight).
i rooted for shadow as well, he wasnt bad at all as far a vermin go and Cluny abandoned him to serve the "bad guy" stereotype
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: CpnRake335 on May 16, 2015, 02:48:02 AM
Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on March 04, 2015, 11:12:13 PM
i rooted for shadow as well, he wasnt bad at all as far a vermin go and Cluny abandoned him to serve the "bad guy" stereotype

Plus, he was the coolest guy WITH the coolest ability. His early fate was a total waste of something that could have been great, in my opinion.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Feles

there's even been a few copies of shadow in later books, dont ask me to name them though, the only one i remember is Farran the poisoner, though i remember one in Lord Brocktree
I am Bobracha!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: CpnRake335 on May 16, 2015, 03:26:34 AM
there's even been a few copies of shadow in later books, dont ask me to name them though, the only one i remember is Farran the poisoner, though i remember one in Lord Brocktree

Mmm, I'm intrigued now. What do you mean by "copies"?

Feles

similar people to shadow, more evil, more assassin-like and while none never really was as good as shadow was, some of them were really cool
they include:
oilback- Martin the Warrior (bit of a stretch)
Farran the poisoner- Salamandastron
Wirga's three sons-Loamhedge
Marbul- Outcast (my personal favorite, besides shadow)
I am Bobracha!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: CpnRake335 on May 16, 2015, 03:30:15 AM
similar people to shadow, more evil, more assassin-like and while none never really was as good as shadow was, some of them were really cool

Oh, that's really cool to know! This seems like the perfect opportunity to get a little more of Shadow (I can't really get enough of him) ;D Thanks for the explanation :)

BadgerLordFiredrake

Wow, this stayed alive for a long time :P
The assassin guys were cool, but I never really wanted them to win
baby turtle forever

Feles

personally, i would just liked to see them live, not necessarily win
I am Bobracha!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: CpnRake335 on May 16, 2015, 10:40:12 PM
personally, i would just liked to see them live, not necessarily win

That's pretty much how I feel about most of the characters that have died during this series.

Starla1431

Greypatch and Ferran the Poisoner.

Feles

Quote from: Starla1431 on May 17, 2015, 03:22:49 AM
Greypatch and Ferran the Poisoner.
Graypatch definitely should of lived, though i would of preferred that Marbul lived over Farran the Poisoner
I am Bobracha!

Tim Churchmouse

I always loved Vitch for some strange, obscure reason. Idk :P
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

Dannflower Reguba

How could you like Vitch!?  :o I couldn't stand him, everything about his personality made me downright hate him (kinda wish Mattimeo got to kill him instead of... you know). Part of me wanted Klitch to get away, I always found him to be an interesting character, and as far as vermin go, he wasn't too bad... Despite being raised by arguably one of the most vile.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This