News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Long Patrol

Started by Log-a-Log, August 03, 2011, 08:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Rake Nightfur is awesome. I love how he fights with twin claymores. Isn't he the only character from the Redwall series that fights with dual weapons?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

rakkety tam

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 04, 2011, 07:13:36 AM
Horty wasn't a Long Patrol hare, actually.
My favourite is probably the one that bird calls 'Brigadier Wotwot' in Rakkety Tam. Or maybe Midge Manycoats.  8)
no he was i remember the end of the book it said he left with lonna bowstripe to became a long patroll hare at salamandastron
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Osu

Nightfire:  Barty from Salamandastron had twin short swords strapped across his back, but we never get to see him use them. I'm sure Rake wasn't the only one who went about double bladed, though...

Regarding Horty: Ohhhh I love that guy. ;D He's another one of those characters that starts out like a spoiled brat and grows into something remarkable. He was indeed a Long Patrol captain by the epilogue, "greatly admired by the young hares under his command" or something like that.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

rakkety tam

yeah c he so was i n the long patrol.
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Redwall Musician

I like Dotti, Tammo, Rake, Buckler, and Maudie.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Lily

I have a soft spot for the Colonel Clary, Brigadier Thyme, and Hon Rosie trio. I love the way they're portrayed in Mariel of Redwall.

Nightfire

I would also love to meet Major Perigord Habile Sinistra. He's awesome. :D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Osu on August 08, 2011, 08:19:17 AM
Nightfire:  Barty from Salamandastron had twin short swords strapped across his back, but we never get to see him use them. I'm sure Rake wasn't the only one who went about double bladed, though...
Also Finnbarr Galedeep. He wasn't a hare or in the Long Patrol, but he did carry twin weapons!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

Anyone else like Major Perigord Habile Sinistra? He's SOOO cool. I think he is my third favorite hare, right up there with Midge Manycoats and Rockjaw Grang. I love Rockjaw's accent!

Dotti

I like Rockjaw Grang too.  And Perigourd is awesome!  He has an amazing name, too!   I also love Rub-a-dub (was that his name?  The hare that could only make drum noises)
Horty is pretty cool, but I find him a bit annoying at times because he's always doing stuff he's not supposed to.  >:(
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Captain Tammo

RUBBADUB!!!!!!!!!! ;D he's awesome!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

White One6193

My vote is cast with that most infamous of gluttons, that paragon of harely virtue: Basil Stag Hare! And of course the Sergeant from Long Patrol. "I'll have yore guts fer garters, and your tails for tea."
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

White One6193

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on August 10, 2011, 01:20:21 PM
Quote from: Osu on August 08, 2011, 08:19:17 AM
Also Finnbarr Galedeep. He wasn't a hare or in the Long Patrol, but he did carry twin weapons!
Anybody know if that Galedeep was related to the Green Isle Galedeeps?
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Chances are he probably was related to them, I don't see why they'd have the same name and just not be related.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: White One6193 on August 16, 2011, 05:51:00 PM
My vote is cast with that most infamous of gluttons, that paragon of harely virtue: Basil Stag Hare! And of course the Sergeant from Long Patrol. "I'll have yore guts fer garters, and your tails for tea."

Yes, Basil Stag is absoflippinlutely my favorite. ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy