Redwall Isn't Safe Anymore! (Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Part Two) OOC

Started by Ashleg, February 18, 2016, 01:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

You're in. :)

Also, NOW it's closed and I won't be accepting anybody else. XD

Groddil

So, since Conrad left, Ashleg took control of Needle. If there are no objections I'd like to take Zaxian, because I don't have any vermin characters.

LT Sandpaw

Hey so I decided to start picking out some theme songs for our characters just for laughs. So I started surfing through Youtube and my music files going. "Hm, naw, hm, sure, hm perfect, hm no." For about two days, because it was a bigger challenge then I expected. Turns out we have a lot of characters between the four of us. So I wasn't able to do everyone, and some of the characters haven't had a lot of time in the spotlight so they're songs are as good as I could find. Some of them I feel like I got down pat, others are a little more iffy. Let me know what ya'll think.

So here they are.

Bracklew

This was one of the easy choices, Battle Cry by Skillet just works.
[close]

Grant

Grant was a little more challenging. I don't suppose this shows his character perfectly, but it does an average job. Beautiful Day by U2.
[close]

Rapshade

Eazzzy choices, and such a phenomenal character deserves two theme songs. Viva La Vida by Coldplay represents the broken defeated Rapshade while Torn by Disturbed represents his more awesome pirate captain side. Both songs are amazing, but Viva La Vida kills it in representation.

Next,
[close]

Rayne

Another easy choice, though this one is harder to see belonging to this particular character. As you listen to the song however you see more and more of Rayne Hummingwolf in How to Save a Life by The Fray.

[close]

Ava

So this was the first real challenge. Ava is a great character but there is no song that represents her. Eventually I said whatever, she gets Fight Song by Rachel Platten going off of how she was able to abandon her cane. I was going to go with what doesn't kill you makes you stronger but it didn't fit as well as Fight Song did.

[close]

Fangfang

Alright so this choice might not make much sense. But listening to Broken Arrows by Avicii just sounds like Fangfang. I dunno how to explain it. Just listen to the song and think about Fang.

[close]

Farden

Farden is one of those characters that just hasn't been seen a lot of. It made it difficult to pick him a theme song, but I think Light 'em Up by Fallout boy does him justice.

[close]

Duncan

Heh, this was originally a joke, but you know it fits Duncan pretty well. Except for the hunting hare bit, Rocky Road to Dublin by Dubliners

[close]

Alfhild

Power of the Horde by L70ETC! I haven't seen much of Alfhild, so I did the best I could. And it works pretty well in my opinion.

[close]

One-Ear

Another challenge, but I think I nailed it pretty good. There are some rougher vocals in there that I'm not to fond of but overall, Vengeance Falls by Trivium is great for One-ear.

[close]

Vadoma

This was a challenge, and I'm not entirely happy with Control by Halsey was the closest I could get. And like I said, I don't think it works well with Vadoma's characters. So his one is open for change.

[close]

Asher+Team

Great choice for some solid characters. Besides Asher, Brush, Harman, and Applelad have a pretty good chance at becoming Legends by Razihel. They might also end up dancing at a rave, you never know.

[close]

Grah the Krah

Oh boy this one was a toughie. Now for the record I found a perfect song for her, Bloodbath by Suicidal Angles. But I couldn't understand what was being said and after looking up the lyrics I decided against getting myself banned from the forum. So instead I went with another Razihel song called Children of the Night. Its a rave, but it works for Grah.

BTW I was slightly disappointed by the shortage of lyrics, so just know after about three minutes and thirty seconds in you've basically listened to the whole thing. But its catchy so you might find it worth listening to the whole thing.

[close]

Muddle+Begskin

Heh, so two Perfectly Insane characters get the song Perfect Insanity by Disturbed. What a coincidence. When I found this song I was like, "Nailed it!"

[close]

Aver

Hm, not a lot can be said about this one. I suspect it will begin to make more sense later on in the RP. Still I Wont Back Down by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers *CoughJohnnyCashCough* is a good song for Aver.

[close]

Mortembell

heh, just joking. ;D

For Real

Conqueror by Estelle is the song for Mortembell, no really it is.

[close]
[close]

Roscoe

Don't question it. ;D

[close]

That's all folks.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

*SCREAMS LOUDLY*
Unholy weasel, I thought I was the only one that looks for theme songs for characters! Yaaaaaaaggh!
I have some to share too, and at first I was hesitant but now I'm not. Heeheehee.
I'm gonna listen to those starting now because there's a whole lot, and comment on 'em when I'm done.
Then I'll post mine.
*screams again*

LT Sandpaw

Alright... Have fun :)

And yeah, that's not even our full cast, I left out Drubble, Damien, Needle, Naxilain, Rusk, the dibbuns and a few others because they are minor parts, and Saltooth, Mixy, and Jetfur because they were dead.

Groddil

I only listened to the ones for my characters so far, but I found them 100% accurate.

LT Sandpaw

Ashleg

I love the songs for my characters, especially Duncan's! XD
That's actually pretty darn close to how I imagined his voice, and for it to be in such a fitting song... ;D
I also think that Viva la Vida is a great choice for Rapshade (thanks for that compliment by the way! ;)) And man, that is a good song in itself. I've always loved it.

Grah's was pretty great, and...Uptown Funk for Roscoe is just yesssss.  ;D

I'm not done listening to all of them yet, though. Expect more feedback. :3
And here's one of the songs I had...

Fangfang to Rapshade
Spoiler
Fang's perspective on how he is with Rapshade. It'll make more sense once I explain what happened a bit more and get the comic going (YES, COMIC, YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT!) But anyway.... This song is about 100% accurate for them so I just had to share it. Lyrics start around a minute and 25 seconds in, but whatever.
[close]

Groddil

Ashleg

Yessir, I'm making a comic! ;D ;D
About Fangfang and Rapshade and Alfhild and why Rap's so nasty. (It'll probably make everyone sad but whatever. XD )

Hickory

Wow. Just wow.

@Ashleg: I was actually going to copy and past the RP, trim some bits, add some stuff, and turn it into a novelized version, but eh, too much work.

I'm gonna take a look at my music and throw in my suggestions.

EDIT: Okay, so I'm planning here and I've decided that I'm gonna put a spin on it and go with some classical music. Expect a lot of Lord of the Rings.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Hickory

Here we go. A very (not very) slight change of plan, I'm just randomly choosing from different genres for each character. So yeah. If any of these songs have an inappropriate word please accept my humble apologies.

One-Ear and the Vigil

Asher and the team
This isn't the most accurate song, but the general tone of it seemed pretty good to me. (The "one maniac at a time" part really hit me as being part of the RP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKOlBZJ7Izs
[close]

Mortembell
This was kind of easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp2Hwi9qM48
[close]

Rapshade
This wasn't a perfect fit, but it does a pretty good job. (Another FOB song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBr7kECsjcQ
[close]

Alfhid
This wasn't a perfect fit either, but it gets the point across. The peice goes from playful to dark in a second.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-hG-ACbuFY
[close]

Roscoe
When I chose this song I though that it was good because of the more playful instrumentals that have a few dramatic moments (basically Roscoe's life)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRh-dzrI4Z4
[close]

Bracklew
I had to choose two songs for him, one for his heroic side and the other for his... Downtrodden side.

Heroic side:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGJGXMUhmc

Other side:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ko9TpduOhE

Note for the second one it gets considerably more upbeat further into the song, so I only mean the first part.

And because I can I thought later on of a better song for him all together: (a third FOB song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-hG-ACbuFY
[close]

Grant

Alright that's enough for now. I'll add some later.

(Sorry fr all the characters I missed)

Hickory

I've been picking up some good quotes from the RP, the first two are from Sand.

"Laughing uproariously Petu mutilated a head of cauliflower with his knife while speaking to Grant."

"Good morning Drubble, did you crush your paw under a barrel again?"