How big are the largest of the vermin armies?

Started by Sebias of Redwall, February 27, 2019, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelinghades

Quote from: Jack the Quick on May 30, 2019, 07:36:59 PM
Probably not many, considering how vermin always seem ready to join a new horde and also, Cluny's rats must've looked pretty terrifying.

Not quite, that was back when Redwall wasn't so clear cut black and white in terms of morality. Other examples from that book include how the abbot said he's spoken with travelling foxes or when constance wants to bar Cluny's group just because they're rats, a number of mice jump to their defence. That occasionally pops up later, like the rats from marlfox or the painted ones from....doomwyte, I believe.

Jack the Quick

'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Dante8002

Ungatt Trunn's hordes. They covered the beach.
Yalahoo!

clunylooney

Quote:
The Thousand Eyes Army
Commander: Originally Lord Verdauga Greeneyes; during Mossflower, Tsarmina Greeneyes
Numbers: My memory's poor, but probably 2-3 hundred
Species: Rats, weasels, ferrets, stoats; some foxes after Bane's mercenaries arrived
Accomplishments: Ruled over Mossflower for many seasons, and under Lord Greeneyes, crushed a woodlander rebellion led by the badger Barkstripe. Under Tsarmina, fought and was eventually defeated by a revived Corim, who used a catapult and an artificial flood to destroy Kotir.

Didn't The Thousand Eye Army have 1000 vermin? It was all stoats, weasels and ferrets and only introduced foxes and rats when bane's band joined.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Verdauga

(Psst! We have a quote tag[quote][/quote]that'll instantly tell anyone it's a quote :))

Anyway, the Thousand Eyes Army probably (at least at the time it was named) had around five hundred soldiers, given the math. Whether it had that many at the time of the books is anyone's guess, unless Jacques numbered them.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

clunylooney

Quote from: Verdauga on March 28, 2020, 07:35:43 PM
(Psst! We have a quote tag[quote][/quote]that'll instantly tell anyone it's a quote :))

Anyway, the Thousand Eyes Army probably (at least at the time it was named) had around five hundred soldiers, given the math. Whether it had that many at the time of the books is anyone's guess, unless Jacques numbered them.
Psst! Thanks!
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me