News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Harry Potter!

Started by CaptainRocktree, October 16, 2014, 08:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

According to several online quizzes, I'm both a Hufflepuff and a Gryffindor, but the official Pottermore quiz says I'm a Ravenclaw, so apparently I'm in three of the four houses.  :P  However, I found an interesting thingy on Tumblr that was talking in depth about the attributes of each house, so I'm now greatly inclined to believe I'm in Ravenclaw.

Anyway, I watched the first two films already (the first one yesterday, and the second just a little bit ago), and I must say that both were quite enjoyable.  I think I liked the second one more, merely because of the superior acting skills of all the cast.  The acting of those kids in the first film was a bit... I don't wanna say painful, but right around that alley.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

Haha, I took five quizzes. Two said I was Ravenclaw, two said I was HufflePuff, and one said I was Gryffindor. Personally, I'd rather be Gryffindor.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on December 10, 2014, 05:22:59 AM
Haha, I took five quizzes. Two said I was Ravenclaw, two said I was HufflePuff, and one said I was Gryffindor. Personally, I'd rather be Gryffindor.

Yeah, I believe three said Hufflepuff, two said Gryffindor, and one was Ravenclaw.  But after reading the personality traits (once I'm on a computer, I'll try to find them for all y'all), I came to the conclusion that Ravenclaw would fit me best.  After all, I'm not particularly brave, nor am I all that hardworking and kind.  I mean, I try to be, but it's not always my first reaction to be polite and helpful to everyone I meet.  :-\

However, some of the attributes of Ravenclaw students were that they aren't necessarily brainiacs, Ravenclaws could tend to become particularly obsessed with things they enjoy, and they can be quite witty and curious, which are traits I find in myself.  There are several other matches, but the analysis I found is kinda wordy, so I'll just wait till I have a computer to post the pics.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

MeadowR

On Pottermore I'm in Ravenclaw. But I'm not intelligent... :o But yay, I guess it's nice they felt I should go there. Obviously other traits must fit for me. :)

Reminds me I should go on Pottermore again soon as supposedly more new information from JK Rowling?
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Luftwaffles

Oh, I love Harry Potter! But only the books, the movies were a rather bland experience and, in some cases, painful to sit thru.

And, as for the article, that was a surprisingly entertaining read (although, I gotta admit that that's a thought that never crossed my mind).
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Banya

So much I could say here.  Harry Potter is one of my favourite things in the world.  I started reading HP and Redwall at the same time (in 2001!), and I grew up on both.  I've never been able to determine which I love more.  I have so much House pride - I'm a Hufflepuff! - I enjoy Pottermore and achieved membership before it was open to the public, and I have never met a soul who can best me in HP knowledge.  HP has branched out so far in the nearly 20 years it's been alive, and everything related to it interests me.  I don't listen to the opinions of those who have only seen the movies and have not read the books, nor do I give attention to those who eschew the world of Harry Potter because of the witchcraft upon which it is founded.  There is a whole, complex, captivating, wonderful world created in those books, and I love it.
Thanks for bumping this, Sage.

Hickory

You'll be getting a post in your question thread soon.

MeadowR

Who's looking forward to Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them? :D It will be a shame not to have many familiar characters (a few cameos planned for obvious characters like, probably, Dumbledore) in one sense, so I hope it will have enough Potter-world charm itself! I don't know how they can make the subject really interesting story-wise without just being different places he adventures to see another creature... I'm sure they'll think of something to stretch the appeal.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Hickory

Wait, they're making a movei for it? How fun....

Well, I am, forr one, looking forward to it! I particulary like the animals of the HP world because they make it so... like ours, just with some uniqueness.   :D

What would be really cool is if they make it like a report on the WWN, so it's like "Here's out nature program, featuring an exclusive interview with Newt Scammander." Get it?