Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Edit: This is the thread discussing the original server; click here to go to the thread discussing the new server.

Hey guys! i finally got enough people together to moderate/play/whatever. This will be a Roleplay server, with special classes, with different loadouts! There will be your run-of-the-mill good guys, and the baddies, like rats, toads, and corsairs! This is a 24/7 server, with no downtime! All people joining before the server goes live gets the 100% completed map! And an optional custom guild and kit! To join, this is the App you must fill out:

In game name:
Age(optional):
Experience with roleplaying/building:
Do you love redwall?:
Do you know alot about it?:
Secret word:
Free minecraft, or paid?:
*optional app stuff below*'
Name of character:
History:
Description:
Species:

That up there only needs to be as long as you want it to be. Pretty much no cap/minimum. :D

After you fill that out, i will check it! If you are banned for some reason. (Lord, i hope not!) You can also make a ban (secret word: Matthias)appeal. When you join, you will be switched to creative to start building. After this is all done, with will proceed to have the most awesome roleplay ever!

Rules:
1. No griefing
2. No stealing from anyone, unless you are a rat, or some other evil beast.
3. No swearing. redwall type swears are allowed, such as YOU YELLOW BELLIED SCUM SCRAPER! Cheesy, but just an example. XD
4. When not roleplaying, you must have ( and ) at the beginning and end of your sentences.
5. No mods or hacks.... 'nuff said.
6. use common sense. If it makes people mad, and they don't have anger issues, it's probably wrong.
7. PVP is allowed, not excessively though. Only attack if they are enemies, (like rats and mice) Or your character has a personal quarrel.
8. Animals are turned off, since redwallers do not use animal products.

Random low-down and info:
Classes and kits are available, but only mods and admins are able to give them to you.
You are expected, (but not required) to create a house for you to live in.
If you are a rat, you hate mice, if you are a mouse, you hate rats. Easy, right?
If you see any violation of the rules, take a screen shot, or notify an admin to look into it.
Requesting building is great, it makes the server better. We WILL NOT  make tnt cannons, or other bad stuff. It has got to be Redwall-themed.

After you have made an app, read the rules, and got accepted, Here's how it will go down:
1. You join as a guest.
2. You pick what race and class you want, with their custom loadout.
3. Soon, your custom skin will be made, and sent to you to wear whenever you are on the server.
4. If you have the free client, skins are not necessary.
5. If you DO have a paid account, and you don't wear your skin, you will be kicked.

The ip is: 67.177.147.0

It's up 24/7 and nearly done! This thread is the threshold for all things Minecrafty-redwall-y! We don't have all the skins in quite yet, but we are working on that, and a custom texture pack! This is a very ambitious project, and i'm hoping to get alot of support! (not money, responses.) Here's some pics of what we've done so far: (Shamelessly copied and pasted.)
Redwall:

Brockhall:

Loamhedge:

Sampetra (unfinished roof.):

Arfship (my fav ;D)

LogBoats:

Noonvale:

St Ninians:

Salamandastron:

Castle Marl:

The Green Hedgehog island thing:

That's pretty much all i'm gonna include, because i want our players to explore, and find new things. :)

P.S. I'd like to write an apology. Like an idiot, i changed the secret word to R2D2, and forgot, and have been beating on the people who get it right. REALLY sorry for that, I changed it back. :P

Here's our site: Redwallminecraft.enjin.com
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Skipper

I am intrested, but i have a question.
Do you have to pay for minecraft? and how much?

Gears

Well... Yes, and no. Yes, because if you want the real version, Like changing you skins, etc, it's around 30$, but i think a little cheaper in euros. If you want the free version, you cant change your skin from the default, and you can only join special servers.

eualaia

i getting full version when i do a report about louis armstrong
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Snowshovel

I would love, absolutely love to help out. Ive been looking around for this for months now. I listen to the redwall books in my car read by Brian Jaques and I love them! My favorite character is Tarquin Woodsorrel, but I also like the squirrels! I have some awesome ideas, hit me up with a PM!

Gears

WildDoogyPlumm

I'm more than willing to play on this!  I've built some Redwall replicas in MC, and I know some of the details about where rooms go.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

Hmmm.... too bad I don't have minecraft. That would be sooooo fun!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

eualaia

i will join, post the IP address
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Varleyfray

I love Minecraft!  Are you going to load any of the popular mods onto the server?

psybox

do you need a skin?  (do you pay for the account, or the game?) (i share a client and an account, so skins aren't possible)

Varleyfray

Quote from: psybox on April 20, 2012, 12:03:30 AM
do you need a skin?  (do you pay for the account, or the game?) (i share a client and an account, so skins aren't possible)

If we're meant to RP Redwall creatures, then yes, you'll need a skin. Can't be running around a human, after all!
What you pay for is a license for the game, which then gives you an account to use to login. Since there is no subscription for Minecraft, it is a relatively cheap game and worth paying for.

psybox

i share an account with a brother, so i can't change the skin, shame... :'(

PS. what i was asking is if i have minecraft already installed on my computer, would i be able to get an account for the client without paying?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

If you're using a different client, then just upload your custom skin to Minecraft.com under any account and you can use the skin locally-no other skins attached to the account will be affected.

Getting Minecraft on your computer can be done without a premium account period, but you'll need a premium account to log in, and thus play.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away