News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Wow! im so glad this got so many responses!! Well, I do have a free version of minecraft, but you can only join certain servers (mine.) And you cant change your skin, which will not matter too much altogether. If anyone wants the free version, just ask. I would recommend the paid version though, because you can join any server, and you can change your skin. That, and you support the developer.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Gears

Quote from: eualaia on April 19, 2012, 11:32:10 PM
i will join, post the IP address

It's not up QUITE yet, im still desperately looking for someone who wants to host a server on a pc. (Free. I dont really want to pay >50$ a month. Seems like such a waste, unless i have LOADS of donators, and i dont know how to set that up. (yet.) I'm taking a class in creating webpages though!

Varleyfray

I'd offer to host, but the router I'm on is on someone else's computer, so I can't get in to configure it for port forwarding. XD

Why can't you host a free server on your own PC?

Gears

I could, but there would be two issues: My ip changes every day. EVERY SINGLE DAY, and i hate it. Second reason is that it wouldnt be 24/7 it would be pretty irregular, unless you guys had some way to contact me, and then we could coordinate a time for it to be up, and then I could give you guys the ip. (which wouldn't be too bad, we would just need a better way of communicating, like Email, or something.

Gears

Quote from: Varleyfray on April 19, 2012, 11:53:53 PM
I love Minecraft!  Are you going to load any of the popular mods onto the server?
Well, I may not load any on, but i will definitely have so many plugins, the wearat will be crushed!

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Gears on April 20, 2012, 03:30:43 AM

It's not up QUITE yet, im still desperately looking for someone who wants to host a server on a pc. (Free. I dont really want to pay >50$ a month. Seems like such a waste, unless i have LOADS of donators, and i dont know how to set that up. (yet.) I'm taking a class in creating webpages though!
One of my friends uses a server-rental-thingy that costs $5 a month, I'll ask him what it's called next time I talk to him.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Gears

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on April 21, 2012, 11:19:59 AM
Quote from: Gears on April 20, 2012, 03:30:43 AM

One of my friends uses a server-rental-thingy that costs $5 a month, I'll ask him what it's called next time I talk to him.
I have actually made up my mind to host it myself! (since it's free.) It wont be up all the time, but it will be up ALOT. 5$ a month is a huge amount for me right now, as i am saving up for a car, and i dont have a job yet.

Matthias720

Diggs_and_Buck

Hi, am I allowed to join? I'm WildDoogyPlumm's sister, and they said everybody (mostly) would get to become an op, CROSS MY HEART I won't grief. :)

WildDoogyPlumm

"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Gears

Gears

Quote from: Diggs_and_Buck on April 21, 2012, 10:48:33 PM
Hi, am I allowed to join? I'm WildDoogyPlumm's sister, and they said everybody (mostly) would get to become an op, CROSS MY HEART I won't grief. :)

No, you cant join... I dont need you. Just kidding! We can get all the help we can get! You are already op, and your Bro can tell you the ip! enjoy!

Varleyfray

Gears

Ok guys, The ip is the same, the server is just down for maintenance. It will be up soon!

eualaia

i have a secret code: ac445 that signifies me cause i share a computer and MC account with my brother who trolls everything >:(
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''