News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

[RECIPE] Deeper n' Ever Pie

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 08, 2015, 04:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Deeper 'n Ever Pie

Filling:
-4 large potatoes,peeled,cut in quarters,cooked and mashed
-2 small turnips,peeled,cut in chunks,cooked and mashed
-2 beets boiled whole in their skins until tender, then cooled, peeled, and sliced thinly.
-1 large onion-sliced and sauteed in butter
-1 cup (or more) of cheese, grated

Make a crust for a covered pie. Roll out bottom crust and fit into a 9*9 pie plate. Put half of the cheese over the bottom crust. Mix potatoes and turnips together and add 1 Tablespoon butter and 1/2 cup of milk. Put half of this into the pie crust. Mix all the beets and onions together and put on top of the potato and turnip mixture. Then put rest of potato and turnip mix on and rest of cheese. Put the top crust on with an attractive edging and slits so steam can escape. Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes until crust is browned.

This recipe from Sunstrike the Hammer.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.