News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

[RECIPE] Strawberry Scones

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 08, 2015, 05:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Strawberry Scones

Dough:
-1 cup strawberries
-2 1/2 cups flour
-4 T. sugar
-2 tsp. baking powder
-dash of salt
-6 T butter
-2/3 cup of milk

Topping:
-1 cup heavy cream
-1/4 cup sugar
-1 tsp vanilla

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Dice strawberries and set aside. In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add butter and blend until it is crumbly. Stir in strawberries and toss. Add milk. Mix with fork until it holds together. With floured hands form into two ba! lls. Roll on floured surface into 2 circles 1/2 inch thick. Cut (like a pie) into 6 or 8 slices each. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or til golden brown. While scones are baking ,whip the cream, sugar and vanilla in a cold bowl, until stiff. Serve warm with whipped cream.

This recipe donated by Tamello De Fformelo Tussock.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.