News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

[RECIPE] Rose Pudding

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 08, 2015, 06:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Rose Pudding

-petals from a fully opened rose
-4 level T corn flour
-1 pint milk
-2 C sugar
-3/4 t ground ginger
-3/4 t cinnamon
-1 quart cream
-pinch of salt
-10 dates pitted and chopped small (optional)
-1 T pine-nut kernals (optional)

Boil the rose petals in water for 2 minutes. Press the petals between kitchen towels under a heavy weight. Put the corn flour in a saucepan & SLOWLY stirr in the milk. Put the pan on to heat and warm until the mixture starts to thicken. Pour the mixture into a blender, add sugar, cinnamon, and ginger, and rose petals. Blend until smooth. Blend in cream and salt then return the mixture to the saucepan. Heat and stir until the mixture is like thick cream. Stir in dates and pine nut kernals and heat for 2 more minutes. Pour into glasses and leave to cool. STIR TO KEEP A SKIN FROM FORMING!

OPTIONAL:
Dip in honey. Sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg on top.

This recipe donated by Holly Tree Jumper.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.