News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Possible roman empire counterpart in redwall

Started by Kermanint, February 27, 2013, 12:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clunylooney

Quote from: Tungro on June 11, 2020, 12:53:55 PM
Quote from: clunylooney on June 10, 2020, 05:05:36 PM
I feel as though the Thousand Eye Army is kind of inspired by the roman army. They all have very roman looking armor and they go on patrols just like romans. They certainly aren't as effective or as large as the roman army, but they definitely have aspects of roman in them.
Well I mean lol, most armies did send out regular patrols
Where do you remember seeing roman like armor? Might be interesting to look into
I just love the book series Asterix so when I think of armies that go on patrol I remember the romans from Asterix. In Asterix, you have romans invading houses looking for the Gauls and in Mossflower you have a similar thing except they are just stealing food. As for the armor, on the redwall wiki there is a picture on the page about the thousand eye army where they have armor that resembles that of roman armor:
https://redwall.fandom.com/wiki/Thousand_Eye_Army
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Tungro

Well I mean forceful entrance and manipulation, for lack of a better word, was pretty universal

clunylooney

Quote from: Tungro on June 11, 2020, 06:31:02 PM
Well I mean forceful entrance and manipulation, for lack of a better word, was pretty universal
Touche
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

WorshipTiria

Most character in the Redwall series are based of things in BJ's life, so it is very likely that some things were based off the Roman empire.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE