Main Menu

Star Wars by a guy who knows nothing about Star Wars

Started by alexandre, August 04, 2017, 01:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

alexandre

Sorry, can I offer you a supernova as consolation?
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Hickory

Sigh

Watch the movies. Aside from the universe and the story itself, the original trilogy is a work of art and changed the world forever. They are classics, and worth watching simply to understand pop culture as well as gain greater insights to film.

I may be waxing lyrical about them, but there is a reason they are praised decades after the opening night.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: alexandre on August 10, 2017, 01:02:01 AM
In that case, no I haven't seen the movies but I know some basic stuff, like how darth is actually Luke's dad and Yoda green and the Jaba dude is kind of green and there is a cool robot who is friends with the guy that wears golden armor and there is an empire that strikes back and stuff
The golden dude is actually a robot too.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

alexandre

Quote from: Hickory on August 10, 2017, 02:15:56 AM
Sigh

Watch the movies. Aside from the universe and the story itself, the original trilogy is a work of art and changed the world forever. They are classics, and worth watching simply to understand pop culture as well as gain greater insights to film.

I may be waxing lyrical about them, but there is a reason they are praised decades after the opening night.
I do want to get around to seeing the movies at some point, untill then... *throws stars at Hickory*

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on August 10, 2017, 02:34:02 AM
In that case, no I haven't seen the movies but I know some basic stuff, like how darth is actually Luke's dad and Yoda green and the Jaba dude is kind of green and there is a cool robot who is friends with the guy that wears golden armor and there is an empire that strikes back and stuff

WHAAAAT... my life is a lie
I only know about the golden guy and his robot because when I was like 8 I used to get the lego magazine thingy every month and sometimes they would have a lego star wars comic and it was the golden guy and the robot, I don't remember what was happening plot wise tho...
Also, one time a friend explained to me the whole Jedi Sith thing so I know that Jedi are good and Sith are bad and they both control the force which is an invisibly magic power that does stuff and Jedi are good and Sith are bad and apparently light sabers are better than guns in a fight, I still don't understand the logic behind that last one.

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

The Skarzs

Okay, so both the gold guy (C3PO) and "his" robot (R2D2) are "droids".
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

alexandre

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: alexandre on August 10, 2017, 06:20:58 AM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on August 10, 2017, 02:34:02 AM
WHAAAAT... my life is a lie
I only know about the golden guy and his robot because when I was like 8 I used to get the lego magazine thingy every month and sometimes they would have a lego star wars comic and it was the golden guy and the robot, I don't remember what was happening plot wise tho...
Ah, I see.  We used to get that magazine too. XD

Quote from: alexandre on August 10, 2017, 06:20:58 AM
Also, one time a friend explained to me the whole Jedi Sith thing so I know that Jedi are good and Sith are bad and they both control the force which is an invisibly magic power that does stuff and Jedi are good and Sith are bad and apparently light sabers are better than guns in a fight, I still don't understand the logic behind that last one.
Lightsabers can be used to deflect shots from a blaster (pistol-type gun) - plus, they can cut through like 99% of materials with no resistance.  They're pretty cool. ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rosie Willowwater

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.