News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

World War 1 CYOA

Started by Hickory, October 24, 2016, 06:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

(The logic behind attacking anti-armor is that they'd destroy your tanks and transportation)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Yeah but they aren't just armed with explosives and mines, they'd have rifles too, which in this situation would be more dangerous then a machine gun which is facing the wrong way.

Still James made a good point about helping out our buddies who are running around in the trenches, a machine gun is worth any five hundred rifles, so it could be smart to take them out.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Do you want to change your vote?

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Sagetip on October 29, 2016, 09:17:28 PM
Do you want to change your vote?

Suuuure. I'll change my vote to the machine gunners

Hickory

You land a few shots on the three machine gunners, sending two to the grave and the third into immense pain as your bullet decimates his knee. The anti-tank soldiers and the medics continue on unheeded, too close to the tanks for them to get a bead on the troops. You need to stop the soldiers from destroying the vehicles, and at the same time, your lifeline.

Throw a grenade at the soldiers.
Fire your rifle at the soldiers.
Other (specify. This could range from reloading your weapon to using your inventory to your advantage)

Wilson's inventory
Bolded items are equipped.

1 SMLE MkIII bolt action rifle. (27 rounds, 7 rounds loaded)

1 pair of field glasses. (allows you to spot targets at farther distances)
4 armor piercing rounds. Fires from your rifle.
1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.
-Weights to balance out the weapon. Makes it harder to wield in CQB.
-Suppressor. Makes it harder for enemies to detect you, but makes every other stat of the gun go down.

-Bayonet to attach for charges at enemies.
[close]

Remember, you can use all items in your inventory, when appropriate. Some weapons have multiple purposes, like the armor piercing bullets, and some are uni-purpose, like the knife.

James Gryphon

How far away are we from the targets?
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Nearby the convoy, about 40 meters at most. Your bolt action rifle is well suited for longer distances, though, and you have a scope on it.

James Gryphon

I guess roll the dice and throw a nade.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

Bad idea. 40 metres is pretty bloody far to throw anything, and I doubt we're an Olympic athlete. Besides, the stick grenade isn't very aerodynamic, and even if we are in the tower, 120 feet is still pretty far for something like that.

James Gryphon

I did a search of the dynamics of WWI grenades before I made that post. Soldiers were apparently expected to be able to throw them quite a distance, from 30 to as many as 50 yards. Wikipedia suggests German stick grenades specifically could be thrown from 27 to 37 metres, and the tower's height should give us a little extra distance.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Well its one thing to know that we can throw a grenade that far, but another to actually expect it to be good first throw.

Honestly I don't see why we don't just shoot at them with our rifle. 40m is an easy shot, it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel. We still have seven rounds loaded.

Oh BTW we need to prioritize getting Wilson a gasmask, he doesn't have one for some reason and that's suicide out on the Western Front.

Hickory

^That's gonna come up fairly soon.

So that's one vote for the grenade, and one, maybe two, for the rifle.

Hickory

Groddil

Rifle. I still don't trust the grenade that much, and wasting them now is probably a bad idea if some tanks or other situations show up where we'd need them. If Wilson also shoots with us, then we can take them out a lot easier.

Hickory

(You're Wilson, George is your sidekick.)

You and the other British soldier in the tower and in the ground open fire on the German soldiers, gunning them down. One, however, manages to pull the pin on an anti-tank grenade before dying. The tread on one of the landships is blown open, and the side gun is destroyed. You climb down from the tower to help, and notice that your gun is empty.

Reload your rifle.
Put your rifle away and use your knife instead.
Other (specify)

Wilson's inventory
Bolded items are equipped.

1 SMLE MkIII bolt action rifle. (20 rounds, 0 rounds loaded)

1 pair of field glasses. (allows you to spot targets at farther distances)
4 armor piercing rounds. Fires from your rifle.
1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.
-Weights to balance out the weapon. Makes it harder to wield in CQB.
-Suppressor. Makes it harder for enemies to detect you, but makes every other stat of the gun go down.

-Bayonet to attach for charges at enemies.
[close]

Remember, you can use all items in your inventory, when appropriate. Some weapons have multiple purposes, like the armor piercing bullets, and some are uni-purpose, like the knife.