Main Menu

the tabura

Started by rakkety tam, December 02, 2011, 08:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkety tam

ok as far as i can remember the tabura was only in eulalia what happened
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Skipper

he went to redwall when gorath came back after leaving during the feast, the tabura stayed there permenantly and he probably finished his seasons at redwall shaing wisdom and healing the sick as well as being and advisor

rakkety tam

not just that tabura they said there were some left like i dont know
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Tabura is apparently a word meaning 'wise one', or similar. Here it is on the Redwall Wiki.
His real name was Melutar, and he presumably did stay at the Abbey with his brother Ferlon, who was Lord Asheye of Salamandastron.
According to Tabura Melutar, there was once many taburas, the badgers split between them and warriors, but as time went on and vermin became more problematic, less and less taburas walked the land.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Skipper

wow, i never knew Salixa was classed as a tabua, though i suppose she was mentored by Melutar though so that would mean that he passed all he knew onto her though it is said that in eulalia Salixa was rescued as a baby by the tabura so he did have some bloodwrath in him

Tiria Wildlough

I'm quite interested in that bit. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Bragoon

Is Salixa ever mentioned to be a Tabura in one of the books, or is that a bit of plausible creativity edited into the Wikia page?
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Tiria Wildlough

Probably the last one. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Muse

I believe she mentioned she was some sort of Tabura-in-training, but left it when Melutar realized the peaceful, loner life wasn't for her.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Bragoon

I agree with Muse, you can know a lot about agriculture and still not be a farmer.  She was wise and knew a lot about herbs, but wasn't a Tabura herself. 

Also, Melutar didn't need to have Bloodwrath to save a baby.  Even badgers who don't have the Bloodwrath, like Constance, were fierce fighters.

Just wanted to bring that to people's attention.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Skipper

i know, but the way it was put it sounded like he was over taken by the bloodwrath when he freed her

Bragoon

"Once there were many badgers who were called Tabura, they devoted their lives to peace, and the search of knowledge.  There were also the warriors, those who were born with the Bloodwrath."
-Tabura Melutar,  chapter 28, Eulalia
Italics added.

"Because he had sent them all to a place where they could never inflict their evil, anger or torment on any creature again."
-Salixa, telling Gorath what Melutar had said when she asked him whether the vermin were angry that he took her from them, chapter 28, Eulalia

The first passage tells me that Melutar wasn't one with the Bloodwrath, and the second is where we learn how Melutar took Salixa.  It doesn't say anything about the Bloodwrath.

Small edit - I'm sorry if this sounds rude, as I was looking over it I sound awfully high-and-mighty.  ^^'

Skipper

i never said it says he had the bloodwrath, i said it sounded like he had it for me

Dotti

I thought the Tabura was cool!  I was really glad that he got reunited with Asheye and they got to live out their final years in peace at Redwall.  Not too many badger lords get to do that.  And you know the Dibbuns had a lot of fun with two grown male badgers to play with!  But how does one pronounce "Tabura"?  I can think of several possible pronunciations:
TA-bur-uh
Ta-BUR-uh
Ta-BYUR-uh
How do y'all say it?
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Bragoon

In the audiobooks, Mr. Jacques pronounces it "Tuh-Boo-Ruh".