News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Sagey's Location sketches

Started by Hickory, February 12, 2015, 10:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Hey guys, so I choose to start an art thred, but it is strictly for locations. No animals. Sorry, but if you need a chapter opening picture of a fort, I'm the guy to ask. I'll post an example picture later, however...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

Cool. I don't know exactly what you mean, but looking up to it! :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

http://mapper1.deviantart.com/art/Untitled-513671929?ga_submit_new=10%253A1423851086

Here's the link to my first sketch, it's a little simple and 2D but it's my first. Please DO criticize, I need to improve, I know.

Skyblade

I'm not a hardcore artist when it comes to drawing and such, so I don't think I'm very qualified to give criticism. However, I will say that it looks great! I'd like to see what else you come up with 8)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

pacificmaelstrom

The important thing is that you want to improve and you are willing to work at it!

Way too many people get discouraged and dont stick with it. It just takes practice.

I think you should start with the basics of 3D drawing. One great thing to do is to sketch lots of cubes and cylinders. Figure out how to draw them from any angle. You will then find it easier to draw more complex shapes like a fort.

I will make a post on drawing tomorrow.

pacificmaelstrom

I added some drawing tutorials I made to my art topic.

Hickory

I saw that... I'll work on another drawing, maybe so I get some requests. :P

Izeroth

Could you draw a volcano? Draw it any way you'd like-- I'm just interested to see how it turns out.

Hickory