News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

RAF 5th Anniversary! Art Competition!

Started by Captain Tammo, July 31, 2016, 05:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

@Ashleg: I'll just put the list here in case anyone else needs it. Also, they are categorized by species. A majority of this list is from SaLT's thing he made, so really thank him.

Spoiler

Gonff-Blue Fox- Recorder
Kit-Brown Fox- Seer
Groddil-Grey Fox- Friar
Rusvul-Fox- Inventor/Scientist
Sierra-Fox-Warrior/Part time Sentry

Bonaparte-Stoat- Entertainer
Lord Daskar-Stoat- King Proclaimer

Rain-Wildcat- Painter
Sandpaw-Rat- Defense Planner
Ashleg-Pine Marten-Rubber up on the Abbot

Skyblade-Badger-Badgermum
Ashenwyte-Badger-Defesne Planner
Soren-Badger-Badgerlord

Russa-Red Squirrel-Kitchen Assistant
Mask-Squirrel- "Novice"
Wylder Treejumper-Red Squirrel-Traveler/Warrior
Jukka-Squirrel-Librarian/Part Time recorder
Faiy-Red Squirrel-Traveler
Dann-Grey Squirrel-Sentry
Cornflower- Squirrel- Gardener

Banya-Sea Otter- Warrior/Traveler
Rachel-Otter- Artist
Amber-Otter- Kitchen Assistant
Mhera-River Otter-Warrior/Dibbun Keeper
Leatgo-Otter-Skipper

Galli-Mouse-Song Recorder
Matthias-Mouse-Abbot
Perifean-Mouse-Healer

Batlord-Shrew-Bellringer
Dotti-Hare- Entertainer
Captain Tammo- Hare-Gatekeeper
Delthion-Hedgehog-Cellarhog

James-Owl-Sentry
Eul-Red Tailed Hawk-Warrior
[close]
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Nice to see that my name isn't on there. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

Quote from: Skarzs on August 04, 2016, 03:29:37 PM
Nice to see that my name isn't on there. :P
Well, you declined to be in that fan fiction, so whose fault is that? ;)
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Oh, well, I was just thinking it would be for this project here.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

Of course; I'm just saying that you can't expect the reference list that he copy-pasted from the fan fiction to have that detail.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

I had an idea but it was more about Redwall Abbey itself. I'll join next year if there is one.

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on August 05, 2016, 01:15:58 AM
I had an idea but it was more about Redwall Abbey itself. I'll join next year if there is one.

What was the idea? I don't want you to feel like you can't use your idea!

Inquiry for contestants:

What would you guys like to do in terms of prizes? I have given thought to actually mailing out some prizes to winners. I was considering putting up a copy of the Redwall friend or foe, a fancy little paper card signed by Brian Jacques, and a Redwall season 1 DVD as the three big prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place competitors, where the 1st place winner picks any one of those three prizes, the 2nd place winner picks out of the remaining pile, and so on. The goal in mind is to get more people to participate by offering physical prizes.

I know that some people may not be comfortable sharing address information online, which is okay. Just thought I'd poll the crowd and see what people think is the best option moving forward. Worst case scenario is that I just save these prizes for another competition down the road :)

If you would prefer a different kind of prize - like a fancy picture to go in your signature bar, collaboration project with someone, etc. let me know as well!

Thanks, guys!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Leatho Shellhound

The prize ideas sound great! I've mailed redwall art trades and what not before with fellow fans, and it is really fun!

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rosie Willowwater

You could do both, and the winners get to choose which kind of prize :)

Faiyloe

Personally, I don't feel comfortable sharing my address online and if those where the prizes I would hate to win and keep someone else from getting the prize... personally I am only in this for bragging rights. Though getting some art from someone would be nice too.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Dotti Dillworthy

A prize of any Redwall book of their choice (for those who have owned only a fraction of the series) will be great. Or the official cookbook, perhaps?

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on August 05, 2016, 10:54:09 PM
The prize ideas sound great! I've mailed redwall art trades and what not before with fellow fans, and it is really fun!

I still have your picture you sent me for my fanfic a while ago. I absolutely love it!

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on August 05, 2016, 11:01:02 PM
You could do both, and the winners get to choose which kind of prize :)
Quote from: Faiyloe on August 06, 2016, 01:54:59 AM
Personally, I don't feel comfortable sharing my address online and if those where the prizes I would hate to win and keep someone else from getting the prize... personally I am only in this for bragging rights. Though getting some art from someone would be nice too.

That's fine, Faiyloe! I like Rosie's idea. We could let people choose between a physical prize in the mail or a digital prize. Whatever physical prizes aren't picked can be saved for another competition!

Quote from: Dotti Lovegood on August 06, 2016, 02:21:02 AM
A prize of any Redwall book of their choice (for those who have owned only a fraction of the series) will be great. Or the official cookbook, perhaps?

I think that's a great idea! Except I don't have that many redwall books to mail out :/ I put these prizes up because I already have them hahaha but I will absolutely keep that idea in mind for future competitions ;)

I think I've got all the info I need for prizes now. I'll go update the rules (see the first post in this topic)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Rosie Willowwater

Actually I think I might not be able to join :( Sorry, I got busy

Captain Tammo

Hello creatures of all walks!

Just thought I'd throw this reminder out there. We've still got 16 more days left in the competition, so if you haven't joined yet and would like to, please feel welcome! We've got some really fun prizes up for grabs and this is a great way to celebrate the time spent on the forum. I myself am about to start drafting ideas for my non-competitive entry and am really excited to see what everyone else comes up with!

As always, feel free to let me know if you have any questions! :)

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on August 09, 2016, 01:38:14 AM
Actually I think I might not be able to join :( Sorry, I got busy

It happens, no worries!