News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Graves.

Started by Matthias Martin, December 18, 2011, 12:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

I think Cregga had a headstone, I think it said a little message, like, "Here lies Cregga, loving badger,' or something, but I'm not sure.
I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

General Ironbeak

Quote from: Coobreedan on December 20, 2011, 08:52:11 PM
Friar Hugo had a grave.

How did this not get mentioned before when there is an illustration of it?

Leatho Shellhound

Didn't Laterose also have a grave?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

A problem that I noticed thorought the Redwall series is that several creatures were buried in the lawns of Redwall Abbey. But, it happens quite a few times, especially towards the last books in the series, but it seems at times that there should be allot of graves, but none of them ever get noticed.   

Life is too short to rush through it.

Kitsune

Maybe they only buried the abbey members who were important (i.e. abbot, badgermum) in the main area so that people could see and remember (or in a special place like Martin's tomb), and all the others were buried somewhere else in the abbey.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: PluggFiretail on January 10, 2014, 02:24:30 AM
Maybe they only buried the abbey members who were important (i.e. abbot, badgermum) in the main area so that people could see and remember (or in a special place like Martin's tomb), and all the others were buried somewhere else in the abbey.
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on December 24, 2013, 07:14:53 PM
A problem that I noticed thorought the Redwall series is that several creatures were buried in the lawns of Redwall Abbey. But, it happens quite a few times, especially towards the last books in the series, but it seems at times that there should be allot of graves, but none of them ever get noticed.   
Or maybe they ere at a part of the abbey where it as set part from the rest. Like an area that no one can enter easily.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Kitsune

Quote from: Tam and Martin on January 10, 2014, 01:52:34 PM
Or maybe they ere at a part of the abbey where it as set part from the rest. Like an area that no one can enter easily.
I think that these are the answer! ;)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: PluggFiretail on January 11, 2014, 02:58:07 AM
But I don't think that they would disvalue somebody's grave because he or she wasn't a Redwaller.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 11, 2014, 06:33:41 PM
But I don't think that they would disvalue somebody's grave because he or she wasn't a Redwaller.
What?

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on January 11, 2014, 07:25:36 PM
What?
I'm refurring to the part were you said "no ine can enter easy". I think that they would believe that all creatures are equill,  no matter were your from. That may sound a little weird when it comes to burying creatures, but hey. Though, I'm sure that the Redwalkers might care a little more for the passing of somebody who lived at Redwall. Just not so sure about the burying. They might have had a section that was for creatures that were previous Redwallers.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 11, 2014, 07:39:30 PM
What?
I'm refurring to the part were you said "no ine can enter easy". I think that they would believe that all creatures are equill,  no matter were your from. That may sound a little weird when it comes to burying creatures, but hey. Though, I'm sure that the Redwalkers might care a little more for the passing of somebody who lived at Redwall. Just not so sure about the burying. They might have had a section that was for creatures that were previous Redwallers.
What I was meaning by that is that it is not at a spot where dibbuns could run, or people could just sit down at or where it can't be disturbed.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Lutra on December 24, 2011, 11:45:03 AM
Does anyone gather that any of these graves have headstones to say who is there?  I don't think there is any mention of this, but it doesn't seem that the characters don't often revisit the graves of lost ones.

There your wrong, friend. At the end of the book Taggerung, it says
QuoteThe badgermum's grave always had the prettiest flowers.
Or something like that. And, near there, the squirrels (What's their names?) are skipping, and they see some pretty flowers, so they put them in a little jar with water, and put them near the headstone.

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on December 24, 2013, 05:00:31 AM
Didn't Laterose also have a grave?

Yes, she did. At Noonvale.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on January 11, 2014, 07:46:12 PM
What?
What I was meaning by that is that it is not at a spot where dibbuns could run, or people could just sit down at or where it can't be disturbed.
Oh, alright. Though, do you think that they would have enough room for something like that?

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 11, 2014, 09:55:23 PM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on January 11, 2014, 07:46:12 PM
What?
Oh, alright. Though, do you think that they would have enough room for something like that?
I would imagine that they had enough room.

Kitsune

It should be big enough; abbeys are the size of small castles.