News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Tweaks & Changes (11/1/16)

Started by James Gryphon, November 01, 2016, 10:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

It's been quite a while since I've done one of these. Here're some of the things that have been happening over the last month, besides squashing bugs and making the server move. This is probably not "news" to most of you, but I thought it'd be helpful to have a topic documenting these things anyway. Rule/policy changes are in bold.

Unthanking posts was turned on, so that if someone accidentally thanks a post, or if the post is edited and no longer means what it said when they first thanked it, they can undo it.

There've been a few tweaks made to the Experimental variant. The menu bars are larger, and some of the lines have been made darker than they were formerly.

I added a bunch of new avatars to the Redwall themed sections of the gallery. Feel free to take a look at those sometime.

Also on the subject of avatars, the size available for y'all to use was boosted to 100px by 100px, almost double the previous limit. Also, the Staff has agreed to impose a 'soft' limit on animated gifs; from now on, if you have an animated gif, it should be 80 by 80, or less. This policy will be enforced in the same manner as the signature image size restriction.

Speaking of signatures, I've put some new limits on things in them. There is now a line limit, preventing you from putting more than 7 lines in there. I'd noticed some new very long signatures coming up, and thought that it'd be best to nip this trend in the bud. Just because it isn't an image doesn't mean it isn't overwhelming. ;) In similar fashion, there's been a stricter limit placed on font sizes on signatures; the largest font size there now is 40. This may be revisited at a later date.

In another idea drawn from the old forum, the text greeting members at the top of the page was revised to include a link to the PM box, as well as tell you how many new/unread messages you have.

Finally, the quote color in the "Classic" theme variant was changed back to its original hue.

I plan to do some work on our themes before too long, so you'll probably see another one of these soon, hopefully before the end of the month. I thought it'd be good to get this out now, though.

Thanks for being a part of our community!
« Subject to editing »