Forbidden Truce ~ Chapter Two, Trust to Ashes.

Started by Faiyloe, May 29, 2014, 12:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Grace stood watching the cold ashes of the barn skater in the wind. All that was left was a chard skeleton and even that was on the verge of collapse. The day before she had gone out to the barn and found the hay smoldering. She had tried her hardest but no mater how fast she got water to the flames it still grew. One of the village boys had gone as fast as he could to alert The lady Garvina But by the time the solders had gotten there it was to late. Grace went over to the well and filed her bucket with water. She Went back to the hut and stoked the fire to make breakfast. Her uncle did the farming she had a little plot of vegetables but the crops it yielded did not provide much of an income. At the moment he had gone into town to get something. He had said it was a treat.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

OOC: Are we starting from where we left off? Or is this a little way in the future?

Faiyloe

OOC: It is the next morning. The night has passed and every one has returned to there castles for the most part. 

rachel25

OOC: Ok.

BIC: Donavin lay in bed, restless. A full on war would almost certainly be declared.

AbbotAlf0809

Cap'n Jallek Sparra looked out from the treetop he had climbed over the lush green leaves of Mossflower. It had been a while since he had been in the south to check up on his smuggler's den in Mossflower and he was sick and tired of sitting in his crime haven up north for so long, especially during the winter. "Aight boys! Coast looks clear, so bring those spice crates in and don't be seen by any soldiers. Ide hate to escape another hanging by those blasted otter lords." He climbed down the tree and supervised the smugglers of The Emblem, his personal smuggling corporation. Stroking his cutlass he thought, "I wonder how the lovely Lady Garvina is faring... Been a mighty long while since I've seen the likes of her..."

Cornflower MM

Lady Bryony was sitting on her bed at the moment, staring at a small picture an artist had once drawn of Garvina. She'd found it in her possessions, while going through them earlier that morning. Well, Garvina wouldn't be needing it any more, so she took it to her room, and had been staring at it for the last hour.

rachel25

Orvil was traveling, with about a score of men with him. He could see Castle Sydd in the not to far distance. He had a lot he wanted to say to Donavin. Most of it swearing, but some of it would be reasonable.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Hey, Rachel, has Arya been let out of the gatehouse yet?

Rusvul

OOC: Wow, Rachel. Wow.

...Can I just say, I really like the way you're playing Donavin? You make him seem like a good man, but also a somewhat odd one, and sometimes a jerk. It's amazing! XD

rachel25

OOC@ Cornflower, *derp* I'll go do so now.  :P
@Rusvul, wow! Thanks, I'm kind of basing him on parts of some real people I know, but most of it is just trying to get inside his head. I just seem to like playing people like him. That's why I jumped at the chance of using him.  ::)

BIC: Adlais had recovered somewhat, although he had a bandage around his head, he didn't really think he needed it. The wound had stopped bleeding ages ago, all he had now as a terrible headache.
He was outside now, not really sure what to do. He remembered that he'd left one of his books in the Gatehouse. He could try to read a bit. He saw the door was locked, but didn't think anything of it, he had a key anyway. So he opened it.
------------------
Donavin had got bored of feeling sorry for himself, this was strange in its self. He often felt sorry for himself a lot, but at the moment, he just couldn't be bothered. So he had limbed down into his private office, and sat in there, drinking......something. Whatever it was it was strong, so he sat in there, actually trying to think what to do. Should he try, and apologise to the Lonels? No, Lady Bryony wouldn't except it, she would probably kill the messenger or something. Donavin wasn't very close to his brother at all, but he knew Lady Bryony had been to her sister, so she wouldn't be in any hurry to forgive him. Oh dear, what a mess.
-------------------------
Orvil strode up the road to Sydd Castle, he couldn't see anyone on the walls, he couldn't hear anyone outside either. That worried him, had something terrible happened?
He was almost running up to the gate, his men behind him.

Faiyloe

Grace began to boil water in a pot over the fire when her uncles figure appeared in the doorway.  She turned and he hung up his hat and sat down with out a word. He was silent all threw the meal. Grace watched him anxiously but she knew not to interrupt him when he was eating and acting like this. It either meant something really bad happened or he was reminiscing. He got up to leave but as he was heading out the door Grace stopped him "Uncle? What happened?" He turned back to look at her and said "The Lady's dead," and then walked off without another word. 

AbbotAlf0809

Cap'n Jallek Sparra pointed his smugglers in the direction of the crime den and strayed awa from the group towards Castle Lonel. He had intended to visit an old companion of his, the now Lady Garvina Lonel. It had been several seasons since he had seen his childhood friend and tried to remember the exact location of the castle.

Cornflower MM

Arya jumped - Someone had opened the gatehouse door. "She drew her dagger, and pointed it at the otter. "Who are you, and when do I get to leave? I've been here since last night, when someone shot me in the shoulder." She growled.

rachel25

Adlais jumped in surprise, so that was why the door was locked. He immediately slammed the door shut again, and hastened to lock it.
-----------------------
Orvil got to the Main Gate, and began banging on it, and shouting, "Open up! Open up!" 

Cornflower MM

"Errgh!" Arya growled, as she heard the door lock./ She ran over to the door quickly, and shouted through the keyhole, "HEY! You out there! I don't mean any harm, okay! I just want to get out of here! And some food would be nice." She shouted, then heard the banging. She sighed, and walked back to the bed. She fell on it, back first, and stared at the ceiling. "How long is this going to take?" She groaned, still staring at the ceiling.