Matthias vs Cluny Fair Fight

Started by Tim Churchmouse, August 30, 2014, 12:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win if Matthias fought Cluny in a real fight, without Matthias chopping the Joseph bell?

Matthias
Cluny
Both Die

Rivertheotter

Although I hate to say it, Cluny would definitely win. He's stronger, bigger, and way more experienced. The only real obstacle Matthias had beforehand was Asmodeus. That said, Matthias was totally in the right by crushing Cluny to death with the Joseph bell.
My, that sounds rather brutal.
"But oh, my love, though our bodies may be parted
though our skin may not touch skin
look for me with the sun-bright sparrow
I will come on the breath of the wind"

Wot, wot!

Good Points :)
I think Matthias would win. He had the Spirit of Martin the Warrior to help him. As BJ says, good always wins.

Welcome to the forums Rivertheotter :)
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Skyblade

As Wot said, welcome to the forum, River! :) If ye want, you can introduce yourself here: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.2745

Speaking rationally, I would honestly say Cluny. Not that Matthias isn't brilliant himself, but he didn't have the experience that Cluny had as a legendary warlord. The thing Wot said about the spirit of Martin is an interesting point, though.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

If Matthias and Cluny had fought at the time of Mattimeio, when Matthias's skill had improved and he had a much more even head on his shoulders, I think he might win against Cluny.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rivertheotter

Quote from: Wot, wot! on February 22, 2015, 08:32:45 PM
I think Matthias would win. He had the Spirit of Martin the Warrior to help him. As BJ says, good always wins.

why thank you sir wot, wot! :D

LT Sandpaw

I suppose Cluny would win just because he only had to wound Matthias once to finish the fight. Unfortunately for him he was standing in the perfect spot for a bell to fall on him ending the fight rather suddenly.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Ashenwyte

Welcome to the forums Otter!  :)

I would think that the battle in the Belltower was a fair fight where both Matthias and Cluny could both use their advantages easily and use the enemy's disadvantages against them.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Rivertheotter on February 27, 2015, 11:11:06 PM

Wot's a female, just so you know. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ballaw De Quincewold

Quote from: The Skarzs on February 28, 2015, 02:57:56 AM
Quote from: Rivertheotter on February 27, 2015, 11:11:06 PM

Heh heh heh heh heh....
Ballaw De Quincewold, actor extrodinaire

Tim Churchmouse

I personally would say that Cluny would win.

Sad Face. World Depressed. Redwall Crumbles.

I know, but it was just too hard for Matthias, as Cluny was too experienced for him.
Just a quick word, but I cannot believe that my thread is on the front page after 4 or 5 months of no me. I'm happy over the moon.
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

The Skarzs

Not necessarily. If Matthias had not beaten Cluny, either the otters with their slings would have taken him down, or Constance would have had some time to vent her anger on him.

Quote from: Ballaw De Quincewold on February 28, 2015, 03:22:14 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on February 28, 2015, 02:57:56 AM
Heh heh heh heh heh....
Don't feel bad, I didn't know she was female for a long time. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rivertheotter

well, it is hard to tell on the internet.

Lady Cregga

I do think Cluny would win, like others said. He has the poison tail, which he could use to poison Matthias, and he is far stronger. Matthias didn't have much experience then as well.
"Look at 'em blubberin', Song,' Dippler whispered. "Bet you can't start everybeast weepin' by singin' somethin' nice and sad?"...There on the rocks of the sunlit island the young squirrelmaid's voice rang out into the late summer afternoon.
..In the hush that followed, Song noticed Dippler weeping.

Rivertheotter

It seems that everyone is talking about how Matthias used the environment to his advantage, and so did basically every hero. Tam sharpened his shield, Martin tricked Tsarmina into the river, etc.etc. That's how all the heroes won; using their wits.

Luftwaffles

In a FAIR fight, I guess that Matthias would have a little advantage, because Cluny always seems to rely on dirty tricks and the use of multiple weapons at the same time, but I honestly don't know how to answer that. The rat is an skilled fighter regardless of said tricks (please note that I'm mostly concluding things based on what I saw on the TV series).

It would be an even match.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!