Army Size of Different Villains.

Started by Damug Warfang, November 06, 2015, 11:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damug Warfang

Hey everybody, there seems to be some confusion over the size of the different villain hordes at their peak in the series.  I have carefully analyzed certain phrases and come up with probably the most accurate estimates to date.  If you want me to explain how i got those numbers, please post.  I will be posting more estimates and corrections as I go along. 

Cluny: Around 600.

Me: 1,040.

Marlfoxes when attacking Redwall: 230

Tsarmina: Around 600.

Ferahgo:  Around 4,000

Sawney Rath: Around 60

Ruggan Bor: Around 360

And....Wait for it...

Ungatt Trunn: Around 25,000
Look behind you...

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Hickory

Gulo's horde was 100 (in Mossflower).
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Captain Tammo

For some reason I recall Cluny having about 500 on his side. Maybe that was before he recruited a bunch from the forest?

Slagar: less than 10-15 or so. All of them idiots :D

Vilu Daskar: I think his ship held one or two hundred, right?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Sanddunes

Quote from: Hickory on November 06, 2015, 11:11:13 PM
Gulo's horde was 100 (in Mossflower).

Being the son of the ruler of the land of ice and snow I wander how big his army could really be 

Maudie

Well, he probably didn't take every soldier with him on his quest.

...Or did he? ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Krantor the Brutal

I find it pathetic that Gulo reached Redwall with (what was it...) about six vermin.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

When you realize Badredd accomplished more than Gulo.

The Skarzs

Hah!
I think it more by sheer luck, though. XD
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

The Skarzs

Quality post there.

The real question is, if vermin are so constantly dying in great numbers, how on earth to so many show up every book while the victors, the goodbeasts, are ever in minority?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

a crumb

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 05, 2017, 02:40:04 AM
Quality post there.

The real question is, if vermin are so constantly dying in great numbers, how on earth to so many show up every book while the victors, the goodbeasts, are ever in minority?

They have set spawning points to the far west, obvs.

Ashleg

Krantor the Brutal

I suppose vermin spawn like normal animals with litters; and goodbeasts spawn like humans.  :P
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

No, look at Veil and Klitch and Gruven and that Painted One rat from Doomwyte. No siblings.

But the fathers don't seem to stay with the wives, either.

I think they just have children, a lot, in separate situations. :P