News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Great War of the Redwall World

Started by alderbowbeast, November 20, 2014, 03:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alderbowbeast

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on December 28, 2014, 06:51:55 PM
Wow.

But...

Cluny's army roughly numbered 100. On the other hand, Ferhago the assasin's army numbered well over 500. So how could Cluny be a survivor, when his army is older than Ferhago's but is smaller. Thinking about the amount of good fighting animals in mossflower, if rallied, then Cluny could have easily been defeated on his way to redwall. How could he have survived for that long? Granted, he traveled by horsecart, but still, it maes much more sense for ferhago's army to be the original from the north.

I'm not saying that Cluny and his army are part of the original army but more than likely the last descendants of the Northern kingdom.
Alder, Recorder of Redwall Abbey and Mossflower Country

Hickory

Quote from: James Gryphon on December 28, 2014, 07:01:10 PM
Salamandastron took place before Redwall, chronologically. Ferahgo the Assassin's Corpsemakers numbered several thousand. Cluny's horde started out at five hundred, and was over six hundred at its peak:
Quote from: RedwallNow he rode on the back of the hay wagon with his five hundred followers, a mighty army of rats: sewer rats, tavern rats, water rats, dockside rats.
QuoteThey'd obtained over a hundred new recruits, mainly rats but with a good scattering of ferrets and weasels, and the odd stoat.

Point taken.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Actually, Brian Jacques never said Cluny and his army were from the North. It is rumored that he was a Portuguese (spelling?) rat, but no one knows for sure. The book states that he was a bilge rat, but other than that, there is no certain information. I think Brian Jacques meant to have Cluny be a mystery, with no one knowing where he came from.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Darkenmal

What a fascinating theory. We should compose a compendium of the Redwall world and see what we make of it! :)
"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

Delthion

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on January 18, 2015, 09:11:22 PM
Actually, Brian Jacques never said Cluny and his army were from the North. It is rumored that he was a Portuguese (spelling?) rat, but no one knows for sure. The book states that he was a bilge rat, but other than that, there is no certain information. I think Brian Jacques meant to have Cluny be a mystery, with no one knowing where he came from.

He knows that, it's just supposed to be a fun awesome thing!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Darkenmal on January 19, 2015, 02:14:59 PM
What a fascinating theory. We should compose a compendium of the Redwall world and see what we make of it! :)

We should shouldn't we?  :)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

I would be happy to help out if someone was to do that  :)
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

Same here, my extensive collection of books will help...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Izeroth

I don't think Cluny's horde or the multitude of other hordes were remnants of the empire. Firstly, they were often indisciplined and inexperienced, and I believe the books actually mention that the warlords recruited many of their soldiers from local vermin.

Delthion

But, Cluny could possibly be a descendant of the Cat Empire, and the vermin just random groups of bandits that he recruited along the way.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

Wasn't the Cat Empire in the North? The book never states that Cluny and his band came from the North, it says no one knew where he was from and it was rumored that he was a Portuguese rat. Some of his followers could possibly be descendants of the Cat Empire, but not Cluny himself.

Delthion

Yes, he knows, it's all hypothetical and it would be very cool.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on January 24, 2015, 04:22:42 PM
Wasn't the Cat Empire in the North? The book never states that Cluny and his band came from the North, it says no one knew where he was from and it was rumored that he was a Portuguese rat. Some of his followers could possibly be descendants of the Cat Empire, but not Cluny himself.

I think he came from Southsward.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Izeroth

I believe it mentions that Swartt was from the South, but I don't know.