News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Slow RP, Anyone?

Started by Wylder Treejumper, April 21, 2017, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

I enjoy RPing- I really do. However, I don't have significant quantities of time available to spend checking on RP developments. As a result, I am thinking of starting a "slow RP"- that is, an RP with an emphasis on story and character development, that requires long and detailed posts, with each participant posting, once a week, perhaps. I'm flexible on the specific rules, and don't have a particular plot yet, but I'd like to gauge the interest in the community. Is anyone interested in doing this with me?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jasper

Ahhh, needlessly long posts... My specialty.

I would be interested.

LT Sandpaw

I'd be willing to join one Wylder.

Also, maybe we could finish up our duel.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Wylder Treejumper

An RP like this one doesn't need too many participants, once we get a couple more people we can start. Meanwhile, I'll start working on plots. I am thinking of a classic Redwall RP following the lines of the series. What are your thoughts? Quest? Defend the Abbey? Salamandastron, or one of the more exotic locations as the main setting? Or would you prefer something a little less traditional?

This RP will not have large amounts of combat. Fighting is fun and all, and some battles here and there are good, but I want this to revolve mostly around story and characters.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

LT Sandpaw

I'd prefer something less traditional, maybe an entirely new location or a less commonly used place. But I'm fine with anything y'all want to do.

Brian of the Teutonics

Wylder Treejumper

We need at least one more person to commit before we begin. I'm thinking that we'll have it either centered around Noonvale and the Northwestern Coasts, or the Highlands/Borderlands (time tae brush oop on yer Scottish accent, laddies!). Thoughts?
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Skarzs

Not sure what you want in the way of character sheets, so I'll put it in a spoiler in case there's going to be rules in the way of figuring out what kind of beast the character is as we go along.

Spoiler
Name: Sulvatten

Species: Wildcat

Personality: If serious was a person, Sulvatten would be him. He does everything with intense purpose and unrelenting stubbornness. If he has a mission, the wildcat will complete it, period. Even on his own, Sulvatten will never cease to keep himself directly on course, be it about his meals to the path he walks.

Appearance: Though he is not as young as he once was, Sulvatten's body is hardened to the elements and all manner of physical strain, and he is just as strong and agile as he was a decade prior. He has the usual wildcat markings, though they are a little darker in tone, and the fur is peppered with scars from his hard life, one in particular being one that starts from under his left, heavy-browed, yellow eye, and ends at the corner of his jaw. His clothes consist of a dark green tunic and a brown leather jerkin, as well as a pair of black pantaloons and a cloak the same color of his tunic.
Spoiler
[close]

Weapons: Longsword, bow, and dagger.
[close]
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on April 25, 2017, 11:30:40 PM
We need at least one more person to commit before we begin. I'm thinking that we'll have it either centered around Noonvale and the Northwestern Coasts, or the Highlands/Borderlands (time tae brush oop on yer Scottish accent, laddies!). Thoughts?

The highlands gets my vote, but our characters can move around the map. But in terms of story and location I think we'd have some interesting possibilities in the highlands or borderlands.

W0NWILL

Slow RPs are great for me because I'm not on as much as I used to.

I enjoy the idea of the highlands. We can make up a lot of our own canon for the area, because none of it has been shown directly.

Orrr! I really love seafaring RPs, as there's lots of opportunities for exploration of new lands!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Begging your pardon sir, what with AP week and all that, I've been rather busy. I promise I'll catch up! ;)
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Lady Ashenwyte

I'd be interested in this.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.