In Which Mai Dumps his OCs everywhere [A Gradual Art Dump]

Started by Campanella, September 04, 2017, 01:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Campanella

My first post on here, hello all! :'D I've been drawing my Redwall characters since I got into the series. Since reading the books, I gradually began to grow a story, past all those in the books, where a young mouse girl, Iilda, discovers an abandoned wildcat babe outside of the gates of the Abbey, and the things that develop from there. I definitely took inspiration from Outcast of Redwall, but this story ends significantly happier. 

So, starting with the art!

Spoiler
[close]
As of the last few days I finally did make an attempt to do an actual comic. This is the only page fully sketched out so far, please excuse my god-awful messy writing. Also, since it comes up rather small on here, just copy the link image, paste it into the URL bar and you should see it all fine!
Spoiler
[close]
The only picture I have of any of the characters that's actually coloured, tho it's not even in my usual style. Takes place during the millionth battle to take place on the Redwall grounds; Iilda watches in horror as her adopted son, now grown, appears to have been struck down.

I will add more eventually. c: I just gotta get on actually fully colouring in some stuff (my avatar, btw, was made by a lovely person on another sight a few years back).

The Skarzs

Awesome! Would really love to see that story fleshed out!
Also, welcome to the forum!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Campanella

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 04, 2017, 01:53:00 AM
Awesome! Would really love to see that story fleshed out!
Also, welcome to the forum!

Thank you, and thank you again! :'D I've had everything I wanted in the story in my head for years, just hadn't put it to paper yet.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Campanella

I've known about the series since I was a kid (watched the show and my brother had all the books), but never actually read the books until 2014.

Ashleg

No problem.

I usually don't like hair on Redwall characters, but you do it right. ;D

Campanella

I getcha, when I was first designing everyone, I wasn't too sure of whether to add hair or not. But I like how the hair on everyone turned out!

Aimless Gallivanter

CUTE ART CUTE CHARACTERS

Welcome to the forum!! I'm guessing from your thread title that you'd like to be called Mai?
im gay!!!!!!

Campanella

Quote from: Aimless Gallivanter on September 04, 2017, 11:10:43 PM
CUTE ART CUTE CHARACTERS

Welcome to the forum!! I'm guessing from your thread title that you'd like to be called Mai?

THANK YOU 8D

I'm glad to be here! And yus, that's my nickname.  :D

Campanella

A post to show off a few quick pieces with the wildcat who was found outside of the gates of Redwall. Despite him being a technical 'vermin', Iilda made it her goal to raise the babe the best she could. They soon found out that the infant apparently already had a name, as attached to the basket he was in was a small piece of parchment that simply said 'Koby'.

Spoiler
[close]
Here is an elderly Iilda gushing over how dang proud she is of her giant cat son. Said cat son is appreciative of the support, but can't help but be a mite embarrassed.
Spoiler
[close]
Per the course of any Redwall tale, a hare eventually shows up. But, to the surprise of all in the Abbey, Hilia the Wandering Hare decided to make Redwall her permanent home after becoming smitten with Iilda and her adopted son. Within no time she became Koby's second guardian.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

The old version of Iilda reminds me of my first grade teacher.

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!