News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Murder on the Meadow

Started by Delthion, September 06, 2017, 03:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krantor the Brutal

Foremole Gustaf placed a comforting paw around Derry and said, "Don't worry, we'll find Asney's murderer out soon enough, as my old father used to say: 'The way this is done, though tricky, is to find who did it, what was was used, when it was done, where was it done, why it was done and how it was done'. So what say you, Master Derry?"
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

HoltLutra

Derry looked over at Foremole, "Thank you Foremole, this sounds like an excellent plan. We must find who committed this terrible act." Derry walked down through the quiet Abbey, following the other beasts solemnly walking into Cavern Hole.
"When we will be having Asney's funeral service?" he asked.
Happy to Be Exploring Redwall!

Delthion

"Ah yes, his funeral," Father Abbot said. "But before we lay his body to rest, we must first allow his spirit to rest as well. We should first find out who has done this despicable deed. To do so you must first investigate where Asney always spent his time recording our history:the gatehouse. I will remain here and ponder over these facts that we already have, when you discover something bring it back here and we shall discuss it." With that, Father Bungo sat down in front of the roaring fire of Cavern hole, and closed his eyes. His lips began to to twitch, a strange habit indeed but one that the Redwallers already knew to mean that Bungo was in deep concentration and not to be disturbed.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Cieron immediately headed towards the gatehouse, but stopped. "Wait. . . what are we looking for? The gatehouse is full of stuff."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

HoltLutra

Derry shrugged his shoulders, "Perhaps the first step should just be to go in and check if anything seems amiss. I should be able to help, I knew Asney pretty well and I will probably notice if anything is out of place."

Krantor the Brutal

Foremole Gustaf nodded his head, "I'll come with you Master Derry, have to keep those eyes sharp and minds clear. And keep in mind of the six questions."
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

HoltLutra

"Of course, Gustaf. Thank you." said Derry as they walked into the gatehouse. They looked around briefly. The entire gatehouse was terribly messy. Books were strewn across the table and resting of the arms of Asney's armchair. Various phrases were underlined and circled in messy script. "Gustaf, what do you think?" asked Derry tapping on one of the books.

Krantor the Brutal

"Well Master Derry," Gustaf said placing his paw on the chair, " first things first, was this gatehouse always this messy when Asney was recorder? If not, what is out of place? Second, did Asney underline and circle words in his records before, if not, can they be a clue?"

HoltLutra

"No Asney always tried to keep the gatehouse very clean. He must have been looking for something specific for it to be this messy. And secondly, Asney rarely underlined or marked anything in the old books unless it was very important." Derry told Gustaf.

Krantor the Brutal

"It seems to me, that since the room is messy, there was either: Asney was frantically looking for something, or he had a fight in here, or someone else rampaged the gatehouse." Gustaf paused, watching Derry's expression, and he continued, "Since, you said Asney is organized, option one is unlikely; We didn't hear any fight and we were all outside so rule that out. So, we should assume someone is looking for something Asney has in here. Did he have anything that he personally owned that would be missing? Second, would these markings in the text give us a clue?"

Delthion

OOC: Stop here for a moment, to let me think of what will be in the records. I'll try to post tomorrow.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Delthion

Inside the recordings of Asney, the Redwallers discovered several scribbled texts. But one of them in particular stood out to them. "This summer so far has been filled with various enjoyments and excitements. But many curiosities have permeated this summer as well. But there is something specific that the name of main participant I shall not write down in these pages. I have seen some creature running in the dormitory. I know that it was not merely my imagination, for I also heard the patter of its feet. It was quite a small creature, but no Redwaller, as was shown by its ragged garments, and the general filth of it. It did appear however that it had been cleaned and cared for of late. I turned down to climb down the ladder, when I saw a Redwaller climbing up the ladder carrying clothes, blankets, and various provisions. As I tried to warn the them, they looked up in shock, and quickly scampered down the ladder and ran away. I must confront them about what I saw, if they offer a decent explanation I will not be forced to bring my findings before the Abbot. But if they do not, I must act accordingly."

~Brother Asney,
Summer of the Blooming Daisies.

HoltLutra

Derry looked up from the records, clearly shaken, "What could Asney have been talking about? I have not seen anything around Redwall that match the description from the records. Have you Gustaf?"

Krantor the Brutal

Foremole began going into a deep thought but after a while, he frowned and shook his head, saying, "No, not to my knowledge. This is a mystery I cannot comprehend. Best to take it to the abbot."

HoltLutra

"Perhaps before we trouble the Abbot, we should investigate the dormitories and see if we can find anything." Derry suggested to Gustaf.