News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Best Redwall Book

Started by Mosflower 4Life, December 06, 2017, 08:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the best Redwall book? (You may vote for 5)

Lord Brocktree
6 (28.6%)
Martin the Warrior
6 (28.6%)
Mossflower
14 (66.7%)
Legend of Luke
4 (19%)
Outcast of Redwall
5 (23.8%)
Mariel of Redwall
3 (14.3%)
The Bellmaker
6 (28.6%)
Salamandastron
2 (9.5%)
Redwall
5 (23.8%)
Mattimeo
7 (33.3%)
Pearls of Lutra
3 (14.3%)
The Long Patrol
6 (28.6%)
Marlfox
2 (9.5%)
Taggerung
6 (28.6%)
Triss
0 (0%)
Loamhedge
2 (9.5%)
Rakkety Tam
6 (28.6%)
High Rhulian
5 (23.8%)
Eulalia
0 (0%)
Doomwyte
0 (0%)
The Sable Queen
1 (4.8%)
Rogue Crew
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Mosflower 4Life

I would love to put the argument to the test of what are the best Redwall books according to the biggest Redwall fans. You may vote for up to five books.

Ashleg

I can't exactly argue that my book is better because it's all opinion, but as a general statement everything before Triss was art.

Tarnfalk

Quite hard to choose just five.
"No captain can do very wrong if he places his ship alongside that of the enemy." - Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson

Captain Tammo

This was easier for me than I thought it'd be:

The Long Patrol
High Rhulain
The Legend of Luke
The Pearls of Lutra
Rakkety Tam

All of them spectacular!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

a crumb

Choosing a top five is far easier than just a top single book, since I don't have to actually rank books, just pick a top tier.

That said, Mossflower, Mattimeo, Martin the Warrior, and Taggerung are relatiely easy choices.
The fifth was harder to determine. I settled on Rakkety Tam, with Lord Brocktree and The Legend of Luke as runners-up.

I'm not sure if those have anything in common that make them my favorites. But I remember them the most, specifically their characters, and I greatly adore the cast within them all.

Jetthebinturong

Mossflower, Mattimeo, Salamandastron, Marlfox and The Legend of Luke.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

SoranMBane

Martin the Warrior will always be my favourite Redwall book. The other four I chose were Mossflower, Rakkety Tam, The Sable Quean, and The Bellmaker.

Captain Tammo

More for Rakkety Tam than I thought there would be! I didn't think people liked that one as much as the first few of the series
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Matthias720

For me, in no particular order, my favorites are:
-Redwall (the first, and my introduction to the series)
-Mossflower (an epic quest not to be missed)
-Rakkety Tam (just the right amount of fun and suspense)
-High Rhulain (some may call it contrived, but I think of it as fulfilling destiny)
-The Long Patrol (not a favorite in terms of rereads, but certainly in terms of significance to the series canon)

Honorable mentions:
-Triss (I love the Riftgard script)
-Pearls of Lutra (bridging generations on continuity)
-Marlfox (incomparable dastardly intrigue)

Rosie Willowwater

I haven't read many of them (sadly) but I think of the ones I have read, Redwall is my favorite. It was the first book I read, and I know it did a wonderful job of making me want to read the rest of the series, and that is quite hard to do considering how picky I am with books. It's sort of a window to this whole other world, while the window gets bigger and bigger with each book you read, until you feel like you are actually there, and that small window is a hard thing to make as interesting as Jacques did with Redwall.

Ashleg

I would have voted for that over Mossflower if it wasn't for that scene with the cat.

Jukka the Sling

Oh goodness, I don't think I can narrow it down to five right now!  The Long Patrol and Pearls of Lutra stand out in my mind, as does Lord BrocktreeRakkety Tam also had a lot of good things about it, as did The Sable Quean.  But I've forgotten a lot about many of the other books, so I don't feel qualified to judge them right now. XD
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Frank Clydth

The 'Long Patrol' and 'Marlfox', are the best books i have read so far.
"Madder than midwinter, stronger than a four-topped oak, temper like lightnin', full 'o the Bloodwrath."- Russa

clunylooney

My top five are, Mossflower, Redwall, High Rhulain, The Bellmaker and Outcast of Redwall
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

shisteer of nothing much

For me, Lord Brocktree, Taggerung and The Pearls of Lutra really stand out as my favourites, but all the others are as good as each other, so I just picked the three.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!