News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Discussion

Started by Wisteria Wild Cat, July 21, 2012, 12:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MatthiasMan

Tiria Wildlough

I haven't seen any of it, but my sister and I have MLP toys. When I first heard that some guys are obsessed with it, I didn't believe it. Most of the guys I know would never like something like that.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

MatthiasMan

Redwallfan7

My Little Pony was a big hit in the 1980's. They were a line of pony toys, with a t.v show, and other merchandise. Not they're bringing them back in this new show that some people (including Wisteria Wild Cat) likes. I never got into them, but my sister did when she was younger. Of course, that's long gone now, since she's 24 now.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

psilocybin

I was never into My Little Pony but this song about them by MC Chris is hilarious check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Miau836Bnfo

Wisteria Wild Cat

I was into the old ones when I was young, but then ended. Then the new series popped up, I tried it and I love it. It's so much different than the old ones, and way way way way way better!
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Dawnwing

I enjoy MLP:FiM.  I'm more of a casual fan - I really don't see the appeal in buying all the toys and stuff, I only talk about it among fellow bronies/pegasisters.  It's a fun show; it's feel-good and lighthearted, the animation is pretty good (it's actually made in Flash, which I particularly appreciate, having taken two classes on it in the past year... in fact, one day, one of my friends brought up a fan-made MLP clip and a bunch of us crowded around the computer pointing out what sorts of animation the person used) and of course there's lots of shout-outs to other things that adults will appreciate that kids may not catch. 

And it's fun to see just what fans will come up with online.  xD  And Hasbro has accepted the fanbase, too - they gave a shout-out to the male fans, Bronies, in a commercial, and they've decided to allow fans to use clips and post the whole show without taking them down for copyright. 

Anyway, examples of some pony videos (note, there may be language/etc):

One of the most-viewed music videos; a song sped up to kind of sound like the character's voice:

One of my favorites - a song from a Saturday Night Live skit put to clips of MLP:

Screw Attack does "Death Battles", where they come up with two characters, list the pros and cons if they were going to get into a fight, and then animate their own pixel-battle of the two characters:

Wisteria Wild Cat

Yay! Another fan! *Holds up hands for high-fives*
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Dawnwing

*high-fives back*   I really am surprised by how widespread the fandom is.  I didn't become a fan until the last couple episodes of the first season; I'd only heard about it a bit online and initially shared the same doubts as most people.  It was only after some people on another site convinced me to watch it, and I watched several episodes and the enthusiasm of the online fanbase, that I got into it.  I know a couple people in real life now who like the show too, and now you hear about it in news articles and stuff.

Redwallfan7

I'd become a fan, but Im afraid I'm too old for it. Oh well

Dawnwing

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 30, 2012, 04:31:29 AM
I'm 20.  Most fans I see online are in college, many are older.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Dawnwing on July 30, 2012, 04:32:49 AM
Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 30, 2012, 04:31:29 AM
I'm 20.  Most fans I see online are in college, many are older.
Oh. Ok, cool. I want to see the new pound puppies cartoon. I love the pound puppies (I know, off topic)

Wisteria Wild Cat

I'm fourteen, and I have several friends older than me, (Including a sixteen year old guy) who love MLP.

I tried the Pound Puppies thing, but I didn't like it at all. I'm a cat person, so that explains most of it.

Redwallfan7

Wisteria, here's an interesting fact: I heard that pop singer Katy Perry likes the My Little Pony: Friendship is magic t.v show too.