News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A new redwall roleplaying forum

Started by W0NWILL, August 09, 2012, 11:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

I am simply advertising this for Tiria Wildlough, it's very early, but it's made, and it needs people to play and come up with ideas for the RPs. This was all Tiria's idea, and I take no credit for the main making, though I am helping, and am the other admin. There is only the two of us, and I ask that you join. W0NWILL now controls your life. You will sign up for this Roleplaying forum. You will also sign up for W0NWILL's website. And you will take cello lessons. Do it. DO IT.

http://roleplayredwall.forumotion.com/

Redwaller

I might join, maybe not, because I'm pretty occupied to play RPs.

Redwallfan7

I'll take a look at it, but I don't role play that often.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

Will anyone signup? There's now a roleplay signup on it, so that's good.

Lutra

You need to offer something for the members to be interested.  Hoping for them to simply sign up and participate on a whim isn't going to happen.  Right now, the forum looks very generic for a business, not a Redwall role play site.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

Quote from: Lutra on August 10, 2012, 11:31:27 AM
You need to offer something for the members to be interested.  Hoping for them to simply sign up and participate on a whim isn't going to happen.  Right now, the forum looks very generic for a business, not a Redwall role play site.

I tried to make it look more interesting, but no hard on the eyes. Thanks for the advice. And keep in mind that I put this up just after Tiria put up the site. I'll do some tinkering around and see if I can figure out a way to change some more colours. And thank Dann.

Redwaller

W0NWILL

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, I made it. *is embarrassed that she didn't come here sooner* ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

W0NWILL

Ah, it ain't no problem. Do you think it looks enough like a Redwall roleplay site now, Lutra?

Lutra

Its getting there.  Too bad you can't remove that forummotion.com banner.  If you can, dump it. ;)  I like how you kept the blues all together so nothing clashes, but I think its the wrong blue.  If you can get a pale brown or red (like Redwall) I think it will fit the theme of Redwall better than pastel blue (that was the default that came with your forum because I saw it before you changed things).  You always want to somehow try and connect the colors to the theme.

But, its not just about "looking" like a site worthy of visiting.  Its about how you bring people in, how you treat them, and what you expect of new members when they join.  What you need to do is set guidelines if you plan to keep this forum running in the long haul. ;)  Without them, how do potential roleplayers know what you expect them to do?

Just some food for thought. ;)  You are, in theory, in competition for activity from this board.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

I experimented with the colours and I think it looks better now.  And I know what you mean about the forumotion banner. I don't know if there's a way to get rid of it.
What do you mean by 'guidelines'?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

W0NWILL

I believe he means that we should put what we expect from new members and such. If it isn't what Lutra means, I think it's a good idea.