News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Quest for Romance: Sea

Started by Rainshadow, October 27, 2012, 05:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Don't waste good. Don't waste good. Cooper's words seemed to have wormed their way into Phillim's mind. Don't waste good. Words to live by. She hurled the knife with a fair amount of speed. Instead of thudding into the tree she had been aiming for, it sailed past it and landed in a bed of ferns beyond. She didn't want that knife. For the years she had traveled, she had kept it in memory of Aticaus. Now, it seemed Aticaus had given her a curse instead of a gift. She turned on the spot, and strode briskly away from the knife. If only she could throw away her troubles that easily.

Rainshadow

Cooper watched Phillim start walking away.  Where was the rabbit going?  Obviously his words had somehow helped, but he didn't know how.  "Where're ye goin' to, Phillim?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

Brielle was beginning to become impatient. Why was Cooper so interested in this rabbit? What did it matter where she was going? Although the female wildcat was not evil, she was not willing to chase after a creature that had, just moments before threatened to take her life. In fact, why was Cooper doing this? The rabbit was nothing but trouble, untrustworthy, and well... ood.

"Cooper." Her tone was level but loud enough for him to hear.

"Cooper come back." She stepped closer to him and narrowed her eyes. "Why?" She was frustrated and it showed in her eyes. "Why in the world are you wasting our time on that rabbit. She's crazy! Not only that... I've seen crazy beasts come back to reality before. It's wonderful when that happens! But, that hare, she threatened to kill me."

She stopped firm in her tracks, unwilling to follow Phillim. "Stop chasing after her and start thinking about how we're going to get your ship." Her voice softened. She didn't want to be frustrated with Cooper, but she was.

Churrup continued his flight, keeping a look out for the first sighting of Redwall. He was now following the inland path. The robin looked again. Could that be? There was a group of Redwall beasts on the trail!

Some time passes...

The sun was beginning to set, shedding golden hues to dance on the slowly churning water of the docks. Grimly stashed a few coins into a small sack and headed into the port side town. He had always been a beast for gambling and he felt lucky tonight! The water rat disembarked the Rusty Scallop and hoisted the gang plank up and away. Then he made his way into town. It would be hours before he returned.

Captain Brinewater felt good. They were at sea! At long last she felt the sway of the deck under her footpaws once more. It had only been about five days during the port call, which equaled half an eternity to the ocean loving otter.

The black otter stood in the forecastle, studying her charts.

"Turn 'er two points to starboard and let 'er ride the swells." She spoke orders to the boatswain, a small lumpy ferret named Jibber. The ferret did as her was bidden with the ship's wheel and held the Lashkeel on course towards Raven's treasure.

The otter captain noticed her new first mate stride by. She spoke to him with a tinge of happiness in her voice. The happiness stemmed from her love of the sea.

"Firstmate Birata! Join me in the forecastle. I have words to bandy with you."

Rainshadow

Cooper sighed and looked at Brielle.  "I just don't feel right, leavin' that rabbit ta kill 'erself.  Ah well."  It was then that Cooper realized how dark it was getting.  He thought aloud, saying, "We'd best be gettin' to the port if'n we wants to get ourselves a ship."
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

We'd best be gettin' to the port if'n we wants to get ourselves a ship.

Brielle sighed, relieved that Cooper was thinking about getting a ship now.

"Aye, let's go to the port. We best go careful, I'm not sure if the Lashkeel has left port or not..."

BrookSkimmer

(OOC: Let's not let this die guys  :) It's just starting to get good!)

Rainshadow

OOC:  So, since we're pretty close to one another, I'm going to have the threads closed and start one big one.

BrookSkimmer

OOC: Direct all posts to the new Quest for Romance thread.