The Quest for Romance: The Hunt for the Lashkeel

Started by Rainshadow, November 16, 2012, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

OOC: Sorry for the double post... I'm doing it to get this thread moving :D Everyone please feel free to post whatever your character is doing. The next thing we need to do is steal the ship. I've already set up the character from which we are stealing and the ship. So post away!
___

BIC:
If'n yer gonna get a ship, Rikkendo, ye gotta learn wot to call stealin'.  It's commandeerin', not borrowin' or stealin'.  So, we're gonna commandeer a ship.

Rikkendo smiled at the cat. It was true, the mouse knew nothing of life at sea. He didn't know the first thing about stealing or sailing a ship for that matter. He wanted to give a prideful remark to show Cooper that he knew more than he actually did, however that was not the way of the warrior.

"Commandeerin' the ship. Got it, commandeerin'!" Rikkendo turned towards the harbor. It was then that he spotted Tia. Rikkendo had hardly had the chance to speak to the pretty mousemaid since they left Redwall. He walked beside her and spoke quietly.

"So, how are you getting along Tia? It's been a long night. Are you tired yet?" He yawned slightly as he asked the question. It had been a long night.

Acorn saw Tempest and Silverstorm walking nearby her. She motioned to them. "So, do you two know much about stealing... I mean comandeering a ship? I sure don't. I wonder if the cats have a plan."

Rainshadow

Tempest shrugged.  "I dunno 'ow to commandeer a ship, wotever that means.  'Ow does that cat... wot's 'is name?  Cooper?  Yeah.  'Ow does Cooper come up wi' these strange words?"

Cooper had heard Tempest's comment and walked up to her.  He stuck out a paw in greeting, which Tempest took.  "'Ello, marm.  I don't think I caught yer name."
  "Tempest," she replied.  "Nice to meet ye."
  Cooper nodded and pulled his paw back slowly.  "So, I 'ear that ye all think me an' Brielle don't 'ave a plan.  Well, to tell ye the truth, we don't.  But, we 'ave lots o' experience wi' this sort of thing.  So, ye can rest easy, knowin' that ye've got us to 'elp ye."
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on November 20, 2012, 07:21:37 PM

"So, how are you getting along Tia? It's been a long night. Are you tired yet?" He yawned slightly as he asked the question. It had been a long night.
Tia was tired, but she did not intend to show it. She smiled. 'Well, a little bit. I'm not really used to traveling, but I'll live.'
Tia had gone with the party who were 'commandeering' the ship, thinking that it would be more exciting, while Leisa had chosen to stay with the others.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Buckler The Leg Buckler

Buckler was sailing on his ship The Freebeasts. He looked out at the ocean and was enjoying himself. He had been with this ship for roughly 2 seasons, and had gotten it from the Long Patrol as a scouting ship. As he turned the other way to make sure his ship didn't hit the sand, he saw a few woodlanders and 2 wildcats talking to each other. He knew something wasn't right, so he anchored the ship, and watched as they came walking towards him.
"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

BrookSkimmer

The group had made thier way down to the docks. Rikkendo was spying out ships, trying to decide if any of the vessels resting at anchor would be right for what they had in mind. The sun was beginning to rise, tinging the clouds pink with dawn light. The would be warrior scrubbed his eyes with balled fists and yawned. They had been awake far too long. He smiled at Tia.

"You must be tired Tia, though you don't look it at all." He cast his gaze out to sea. "Pretty morning isn't it?" It was then that he spotted a ship hoving into the shore!

"Would you look at that!" Acorn's bushy tail twitched with excitement. "A ship! Captained by a hare! Maybe he can help us!"

Brielle sucked in an amazed breath. "How can you see who's captaining it Acorn? It's so far away!"

"I've always been told I had good eyes!" She smiled. "Should we go meet the hare?"

Buckler The Leg Buckler

As they came closer, he saw that the wildcats weren't fighting the woodlanders, so he came up and introduced himself."Hello chaps, my name's Captain Buckler Thordathian of this spiffin' ship "The Freebeasts". What would you young fellows want with me?"
"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

Rainshadow

Cooper strode forward, sticking out a paw in friendship.  "'Ello, mate.  Th'name's Cooper, an' this be Brielle," he gestured to the she-cat.  "This is Acorn, Rikkendo, Tempest, Tia, Silverstorm, and..." his voice trailed off.  "Did I miss anybeast?"
  Tempest stepped forward, smiling her prettiest smile.  She wanted to look as nice as possible so they might have a chance of tagging along with this hare.  "Hello, Captain.  It's a pleasure to meet ye."
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Buckler The Leg Buckler

"Well, hello, you jolly beasts! I was overhearing your little talk, and I think that I would be a great captain to bestow you beasts as my passengers!" Buckler allowed them to get on board, and yelled," We're settin' sail, my friends!"

W0NWILL

Phillim started as Buckler spoke, "Well, hello, you jolly beasts! I was overhearing your little talk, and I think that I would be a great captain to bestow you beasts as my passengers!" She was surrounded by fools, fools they were for trusting the cats.
"Idiot! Cats are vermin!" Phillim's ears stood as strait as spearpoints as she berated the other hare, "Don't you know anything? You call yourself a captain, but you're as ignorant as a levret! Back up north we would execute creatures for that sort of thing! You are a stain on the name of hare!" She was inches from Buckler, staring up at him, as she was shorter than him, her eyes narrowed in anger.

Rainshadow

Cooper stared at Phillim in disbelief.  He couldn't believe that this hare was such a fool to think that they were going to hurt anyone.  If he and Brielle were true vermin, they could have killed everyone by now!
  "Phillim," he began, "we ain't gonna 'urt nobeast.  We ain't like none o' those vermin on the Lashkeel.  If we were, we woulda killed ye already, an' taken all o' the loot off'n yer dead body.  Now, we 'aven't done that, 'ave we?"

BrookSkimmer

Brielle tried to step between Phillim and Buckler. She spoke to Buckler, trying disparately to apologize.

"Don't listen to this beast Captain, from what I've heard and seen she's not right in the head. If she thinks we're vermin out to kill others, she would have either tried to kill us by now and gone off by herself. She's done neither."

The shecat's ears flattened and she faced the hare. She could feel her claws sliding out of her paws and footpaws. "Back down and try to make some sense Phillim. It is you that gives a bad name to the hare species, not this kind captain."

She turned her back on Phillim and boarded the ship. It felt good to have a deck beneath her footpaws again. Although she never wanted to sail on the Lashkeel again, she still enjoyed the sea. She turned to Cooper and smiled. "Well, it looks like things are starting to go our way eh? Let's keep an eye on that hare Phillim. She can't be trusted."

We're settin' sail, my friends!

The Freebeasts hove away from the shore, chasing the tide out to sea and on pursuit of the Lashkeel.

Rikkendo watched Tia. She looked quite pretty with the wind of the sea whipping through her fur. He moved carefully across the deck, but as a wave rolled the ship to the side he tripped and fell forward. Rikkendo lunged forward, catching himself on the rail right next to the pretty mousemiad.

"Woops! Haven't gotten my sea legs yet!"
______

Captain Brinewater eyed Birata as he studied the charts.

"Do you wish to know our heading?" She spoke softly to him.

Rainshadow

Cooper closed his eyes as he felt the warm, salty breeze flow through his whiskers.  This was the life for the wildcat tom, and he knew it!
 "Well, it looks like things are starting to go our way eh? Let's keep an eye on that hare Phillim. She can't be trusted."
 Cooper turned to Brielle, nodding.  "Aye, we should keep an eye on that 'are.  I wonder why she 'ates us so much.  Prob'ly 'cause we be vermin, but still!  Bein' a vermin don't mean that ye're bad, do it?"
  Meanwhile, Tempest was standing to the back of the ship, staring out to the shore.  She wondered what had become of Avalanche and the others.

Buckler The Leg Buckler

"Idiot! Cats are vermin!"Don't you know anything? You call yourself a captain, but you're as ignorant as a leveret! Back up north we would execute creatures for that sort of thing! You are a stain on the name of hare!"
Buckler was astounded at this young hare's words. He obviously knew wildcats were harmful, but he knew this one wasn't. Brielle had told him to ignore her. But ignorant as a leveret? She was a young hare, and she obviously didn't know what had happened to him...

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on November 27, 2012, 11:33:59 PM
Rikkendo watched Tia. She looked quite pretty with the wind of the sea whipping through her fur. He moved carefully across the deck, but as a wave rolled the ship to the side he tripped and fell forward. Rikkendo lunged forward, catching himself on the rail right next to the pretty mousemiad.

"Woops! Haven't gotten my sea legs yet!"

Tia chuckled. 'I haven't really got mine, either. That's why I'm standing still here, hoping nobeast will notice.'
She suddenly lost her balance as the ship rolled again, and fell over onto the deck. 'See?'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Cooper turned his head right as Tia fell over.  He chuckled and started to speak.  "Well, Tia, looks like yer gonna 'ave to learn 'ow to walk all o'er again!"
  He turned back to Brielle, speaking quietly to her.  "'Ow 'ard is it for 'em to stand while on a ship?"