News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

who would win?

Started by Captain Tammo, July 07, 2011, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Raga Bol gets my vote. He managed to not only capture Redwall, but the only reason he didn't capture it completely was the assault of Lonna and the Redwallers use of pepper bombs.

Log-a-Log

I wonder if Korvus Skurr would have a chance because he is the only one that can fly
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

sabretache5611

...if that's the case then the other raven in mattimeo would also have a chance.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: sabretache5611 on July 13, 2011, 02:57:34 AM
...if that's the case then the other raven in mattimeo would also have a chance.

You mean Ironbeak? Is that right?...
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

DanielofRedwall

Yeah, Ironbeak, but he wasn't a mian warlord. Korvuss Skurr (spelling?) was. He would have a chance, but he could be quite easily shot out of the air.

Slagar would be the first to die. He kept running away from fights.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 13, 2011, 04:27:27 AM
Yeah, Ironbeak, but he wasn't a mian warlord. Korvuss Skurr (spelling?) was. He would have a chance, but he could be quite easily shot out of the air.

Yeah slagar was a slaver, not a warlord, even though he was the main villain. So he'd probably not do too good. But I don't doubt he'd put up a good fight
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

James Gryphon

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 13, 2011, 04:27:27 AM

Quote from: Zigu's father"Where fate is sealed on battle's field,
And many low are laid,
The wisest mind says stay behind,
And let the fools get slayed!"

Cowardice isn't a virtue, but it generally helps preserve your life when you're a villain -- that is, unless there happens to be an open well standing by for you to fall into. Frankly, with all of the troops and warlords that would clutter up this hypothetical battlefield, I think running away would be a smart thing to do. ;)
« Subject to editing »

martins#1fan

When it comes to 100 on 100, depending upon hordes, hands down it would have to be Badrang over Tsarmina. However, when it comes to Badrang vs. Tsarmina in hand to hand combat it would probably be either Tsarmina, or a tie; a tie because  Tsarmina is like you guys said, Merciless and Ruthless. But then again, Mabey Badrang Because, He's ( in my mind ) a master swordsman. He's not as ruthless or merciless, but he has better skills with a sword, ( any weapon pretty much ) has soldiers are MORE loyal to him, and also, He's  sharper witted.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

James Gryphon

In Tsarmina vs. Badrang, I'm not entirely sure about the conclusion that Badrang has the edge.

In a battle between hordes, I'm willing to agree that Badrang is probably more experienced and capable than Tsarmina. After all, he was a top corsair before setting up his reign in Marshank, whereas it's doubtful if Tsarmina ever had any military experience prior to Mossflower.

Concluding that Badrang's sharper-witted isn't necessarily the case; remember that while Tsarmina isn't mentally stable, that doesn't mean that she's stupid. She's still clever when she needs to be, like when she poisoned her father (who was a great warlord, probably one of the best all-around villain leaders in the series), and killed off Bane and Argulor in one fell swoop... plus, she never got locked out of her own fortress. ;)

In one-on-one combat, I would definitely pick Tsarmina. The reason for this is pretty simple:

Martin without training, magic sword, or armor > Badrang.
Martin *with* training, magic sword and armor < Tsarmina.

Thus, Tsarmina > Badrang.
« Subject to editing »

martins#1fan

Yes but Martin wouldn't be a Warrior without his sword and training ::) ::)

martins#1fan

Therefore, It's Martin > Tsarmina.
and Martin > Badrang.
And also, Badrang > Tsarmina 100 on 100
Badrang < Tsarmina 1 on 1

Captain Tammo

Quote from: martins#1fan on July 13, 2011, 02:23:54 PM
When it comes to 100 on 100, depending upon hordes, hands down it would have to be Badrang over Tsarmina. However, when it comes to Badrang vs. Tsarmina in hand to hand combat it would probably be either Tsarmina, or a tie; a tie because  Tsarmina is like you guys said, Merciless and Ruthless. But then again, Mabey Badrang Because, He's ( in my mind ) a master swordsman. He's not as ruthless or merciless, but he has better skills with a sword, ( any weapon pretty much ) has soldiers are MORE loyal to him, and also, He's  sharper witted.

I don't remember Badrang ever being a master swordsbeast.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

daskar666

I wouldn't expect him to be one considering his weapon in the book was Martin's sword which was apparently ZOMG MAJYK!!!1!!1one (despite Gingivere's lecture to Matthias). Oh well, another reason why half of the original Redwall is now non-canon.

Captain Tammo

What about Mokan or Korvus Skurr? I'm sure they'd last for a while

James Gryphon

Quote from: daskar666 on July 14, 2011, 12:29:28 AM
I wouldn't expect him to be one considering his weapon in the book was Martin's sword which was apparently ZOMG MAJYK!!!1!!1one (despite Gingivere's lecture to Matthias). Oh well, another reason why half of the original Redwall is now non-canon.
Several things:

Badrang was already a renowned pirate before ever landing and building Marshank, so logically he should be a skilled swordfighter -- we all know he didn't get where he was based on his winning personality, after all. ;)

As far as Martin's sword, at the time of Martin the Warrior, since it hadn't been reforged, it was just a particularly nice specimen of a sword; nothing more, nothing less. It's possible that Badrang took it because of the type of sword it was -- many Redwall-saga pirates, like pirates in real life, have been known to use cutlasses, but those may not be as suited to land warfare as a proper European-style arming sword, which Martin's sword resembles; also, a corsair cutlass, or even a scimitar, doesn't carry the type of regal image that I suspect a tyrant like Badrang would want to have in his primary weapon.

The fact that the sword technically could be used for good or evil, which was the point of Gingivere's speech, has never changed. I suspect the magic sword skills that the characters often end up acquiring has more to do with Martin's supernatural help than it does the sword itself. For instance, in Rakkety Tam, the hero wins the fight because of his perfectly ordinary shield, not the invincible sword he happened to be carrying into the battle with him, and that shield was properly used because Martin told him how to do it.
« Subject to editing »