News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall Legends

Started by 321tumbler, November 27, 2012, 03:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

321tumbler

How many Redwall legends do you think are "true"?
Also how many accounts by the "Teller of Tales"(Some of the later books) are true?

Lutra

I don't understand the question.  In the Redwall universe, why would they not be true?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

321tumbler

Quote from: Lutra on November 29, 2012, 11:56:19 AM
I don't understand the question.  In the Redwall universe, why would they not be true?
Since the later books are "written" by the Teller of Tales, maybe the Telller of Tales made the stories.

W0NWILL

In Doomwyte it revealed that Umfry was the Teller of Tales and the Weaver of Dreams, so that covers for all excepted the Sable Queen and the Rouge Crew. Maybe when he died he passed the title onto somebeast else, and they, and their successor wrote down the tales of the Rouge Crew and the Sable Queen.

Lutra

I suspect they're real...I don't think its in Abbeybeasts' nature to spin false stories. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dreamer

Yeah. the Redwall critters dont seem to be exaggeraters. so I'd say they are true.
~Dreamer~

321tumbler

Quote from: Lutra on December 07, 2012, 12:48:39 PM
I suspect they're real...I don't think its in Abbeybeasts' nature to spin false stories. ;)
That's probally right. (Though they might be a teeny bit off with details.)

Skyblade

I'm guessing they're true. And welcome to the forums, though it is late ^^

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

I don't think that Redwallers would tell a lie... except tales told to Dibbuns or the 'come inside or the big bad monster is gonna get you!' kind of things ;D

MatthiasMan

Most Redwall Legends are true. It's just those ones that the elders or badgermum say," Watch how many strawberries you eat, or you might explode like Henry Kowlaski." Stuff like that.

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Captain Tammo

I always thought of Brian Jacques himself as the teller of tales and weaver of dreams. I think it adds some magic to things! Brian, telling us a story.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Shade

Quote from: W0NWILL on December 06, 2012, 04:02:20 PM
In Doomwyte it revealed that Umfry was the Teller of Tales and the Weaver of Dreams, so that covers for all excepted the Sable Queen and the Rouge Crew. Maybe when he died he passed the title onto somebeast else, and they, and their successor wrote down the tales of the Rouge Crew and the Sable Queen.

Which Umfry?? I'm sure he was the hedgehog in The Rogue Crew...
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Lepidolite Mica

Quote from: PluggFiretail on December 13, 2012, 09:37:22 PM
I don't think that Redwallers would tell a lie... except tales told to Dibbuns or the 'come inside or the big bad monster is gonna get you!' kind of things ;D
Well, that's what I'm unsure about. Bragoon and Sarobando's death, though arguably canon, wasn't observed by anyone from the Abbey, since they held the line while Horty, Fenna, and Springald escaped. After that, there's very little reason for anybeast to have returned, so how could anyone have known their last moments?

Lady Ashenwyte

First of all, welcome to the forums! You may want to post in the Introduction topic to be greeted by our friendly community!

My idea is that a passing bird saw the battle, travelled to Redwall, and said it to the Recorder.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.