News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Musicals

Started by Lily, April 04, 2013, 01:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattio

My mom and my dad saw les mis professionally in Chicago

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Mattio on April 10, 2013, 11:14:02 AM
My mom and my dad saw les mis professionally in Chicago
Cool! It must of been good!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Romsca

HEY GUYS I JUST HEARD I'M GONNA BE IN LES MIS THIS SPRING!!!

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on April 13, 2013, 02:50:12 PM
Good for you :D!!! I hope you do good!

Lily

That's great! What part will you be playing?

I'm going to see Me and My Girl in May. :) I'm interested to see how they do a Cockney accent in Japanese.

Romsca

Quote from: Lily on April 15, 2013, 01:35:45 AM
That's great! What part will you be playing?

I have no idea. When I said this spring, I actually meant spring 2014. The auditions are in October or November later this year

Buzz_Bumble

I can't stand musicals ... like Shakespeare, it's partly because I was forced to study Annie in school and partly because I find them rather silly (normal people don't go around bursting into song in real life, so it breaks any kind of illusion of the story) ... BUT I do quite like the old movie musicals like the original Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mary Poppins, Doctor Dolittle, etc.  :)

Lily

I can definitely see why musicals aren't everyone's cup of tea. I certainly get weird looks when I tell some people that I like them. I usually find that the things people find silly about musicals are what I like about them! It doesn't bother me that people randomly break into song because I know it's not real life I'm watching. Also, I just really like music. I think my favourite place to be is in a theatre watching a musical.

Haha, I wish real life were a musical. An Australian satirical TV show used to have a segment called, "If Life Were a Musical". This guy would go out on public and sing about how he needed a hammer or something.

Romsca, good luck with your audition later this year!

KitrallStreamrippler

That's really cool! Congratulations!! I hope you have a lot of fun with it.  :)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Ungatt Trunn

I know that it'l be a while before you preform in it, but when you do, tell me how it went :)

Lily

Just booked my tickets to see Dracula the musical. :D One of my favourite actresses is starring as Dracula. Yes... actress.

Romsca

That's... weird....

Maudie

I do like musicals, now that I come to think of it. My family watches lots of musicals, but sometimes we skip some of the songs. :)

These are some of the musicals that I've seen

Plays: Beauty and the Beast, The Man of Lamancha, Hello Dolly, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and The Wizard of Oz.

Movies: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Kiss me, Kate, The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, Mary Poppins, Guys and Dolls, Calamity Jane, and Annie Get Your Gun
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Buzz_Bumble

QuoteAnnie Get Your Gun

That's the one where she sings: "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll get some bullets tomorrow .. "   ;)

Maudie

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 22, 2013, 10:33:29 PM
QuoteAnnie Get Your Gun

That's the one where she sings: "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll get some bullets tomorrow .. "   ;)
Not really...
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3