Somebody/Anybody do me a favor? Please?

Started by Aimless Gallivanter, January 12, 2016, 04:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aimless Gallivanter

In case you don't know, I'm currently in the process of making a blog that organizes every single song, riddle, and rhyme in the Redwall series. I've just finished going through Salamandastron , which puts me at 5 down 16 to go.
I want to make sure the site is as functional and easy to use as possible, so if someone/anyone could pick any song from the first 5 books, go to the blog, and try to find , then tell me your thoughts/ feedback/ any issues you might've had, that would be so wonderful. I would like to get any bugs in my system out as soon as possible, before I get too far.

The first 5 books I am referring to are: Redwall, Mossflower, Mattimeo, Mariel of Redwall, and Salamandastron
My blog is: http://redwall-lyrics.tumblr.com/

wow I sound so much like a tumblr spam blog; at least my grammar and spelling is mostly on point though B)
And maybe someday I will get the hang of the appropriate board to post my topics... I feel like I've made a bad choice yet again, I'm sorry...
im gay!!!!!!

Delthion

It looks great! Only thing that I might recommend is a little bit smaller text, not much, but it does seem to almost smother the rest of the page. (It's probably different on different displays.) :)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Aimless Gallivanter

Quote from: Delthion on January 12, 2016, 04:36:08 AM
It looks great! Only thing that I might recommend is a little bit smaller text, not much, but it does seem to almost smother the rest of the page. (It's probably different on different displays.) :)
Thank you Del! :) I will take that into consideration!
im gay!!!!!!

Skyblade

What a pretty blog! I like the idea of it, too :)

I think it's great. I like the organization. Can't think of any constructive criticism, especially since blogging isn't my specialty, anyway ;D

Nah, this is the right board! And don't worry about it. Members are always helping each other out in this forum :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Delthion

A little modification with mine, only the actual lyrics are a little big, everything else is perfect!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Aimless Gallivanter

@Del  I took a look at it and I'd have to agree about the lyrics' size. I'm a little nervous about editing the theme html to change the post font size, considering it isn't really my thing. If I mess up, who knows how much I could lose. But I'll give it a try.

@sky thank you very much! :D
im gay!!!!!!

The Skarzs

Do you mind if I ask a mod to move this to the General Discussion board since it's related to the series?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Aimless Gallivanter

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 12, 2016, 05:07:40 AM
Do you mind if I ask a mod to move this to the General Discussion board since it's related to the series?

Nope not at all

@del I poked around a bit in the html and changed some font sizes, why don't you pop over and see what you think?
im gay!!!!!!

Delthion

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

Delthion

Aimless Gallivanter

I'd be most appreciative if anyone else would check out the site for me :)
im gay!!!!!!

Cornflower MM

Hmm, yeah, looks nice! I like it! I don't have any criticism, just praise. :P This is a mighty undertaking, I wish you good luck!

Jukka the Sling

When I looked at it the other day, I thought it was great. :)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien