Stands-Alone(W0NWILL) vs. Grallen(Norham)

Started by W0NWILL, January 25, 2014, 12:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

"That water meadow was a death trap!" Log-a-Log gripped his rapier as if the creature responsible was standing in front of him, instead of the hare, "I sends a logboat full of babes and old 'uns, wi' warriors that should've been more than capable to take out any vermin, to take vacation there, and not five days later, it floats back onto the main stream, wi' the bodies draped over the sides! T'was a massacre!"

Log-a-Log sighed and sat down upon the stump again, waving a paw at Grallen Fleetsteel, "I'm sorry, mate. My authority's a sinking boat lately. T'is all I can do to keep the Guosim together now." He downed the rest of his ale, "I'm sorry to send you alone. But we got buryings to take care of, and I gotta keep the tribe together, or I would go meself."

"I'll send you wi' the swiftest craft we got, you might be able to get the surprise advantage if you go quietly, an' we'll pay you well wi' grub and steel. Just kill wotever beast killed all those helpless shrews!"

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: Whoops, I looked in the wrong place for this topic :D

Grallen frowned. He didn't like shrews. But still, a massacre's a massacre, and he was getting decent pay.
He sat in the logboat, trying to blot out the deep voiced singing of the rowers. Eventually, they made it.
Grallen hopped off the logboat, onto the muddy ground. He didn't like the look of the place, at all.
He looked around, and started off, without a word to the shrews.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

W0NWILL

Stands-Alone squelched in the thick mud of the water meadow, busying himself with cutting rushes for bedding. Just one or two here or there. Indeed, looking around the water meadow, there was little sign that anybeast lived there at all. Footprints were brushed out by his tail, bent  reeds were taken down and sharpened into javelins.

In fact, it wouldv'e taken so much energy to cover his tracks that any onlooker would question the wisdom of living there in the first place.

And then there was the nasty business with the shrews. Killings on that scale would be noticed, surely. He had spent the first three days afterwards laying low in his cave, but as it had been nearly a week since, he now expected no retaliation.

His mistake.

He swam the length of the water meadow and ducked under the overhang and into his cave. There was a couple seconds where he was in full view of the opposite shore, but he entered his cave and threw the watercress on the flattish rock that served as his table.

Norham Waterpaw

As Grallen awkwardly waddled through the thick mud, he heard a few rustles in the reeds. He drew his swords and burst through the cover of cattails and grass! Nothing. Not a track. He looked up, a little forlorn. He had missed his prey, and- wait. What was that? He could of sworn he saw something on the far side of the marsh, but it was too far away to tell.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

W0NWILL

Stands froze at the crackling of the reeds and drew his knife again, heart beating wildly. He moved swiftly forward and kicked his little fire out, scattering the coals, and crouched, waiting. He became painfully aware of the rapid tattoo of his heartbeat, his heavy breathing, and the stifled air of his cave.

Chances were, the other beast had already seen him, here to get revenge, maybe. Stands was not wise in the ways of fair fighting. He was a backstabber, a poisoner, and scared.

Norham Waterpaw

Grallen was close. He sniffed the air; smoke. He drew his sword as silently as possible. He looked to see the last puffs of smoke rising up. He charged out into the open swinging his sword wildy. He instantly recognized the marauder as a lizard.

W0NWILL

OOC: Sorry for the long wait.

BIC: Stands quickly grabbed one of his reed javelins and ran from his cave, not caring if his attacker saw him as he ran to the edge of the water. He held his knife at the ready, and clearly saw the hare. He really couldn't miss the blundering idiot, charging into the open.

Stands rushed a few steps forward and threw the javelin. He wasn't expecting it to hit, as throwing weapons had never been one of his strengths.

Norham Waterpaw

The javelin threw him off. He swung past Stands and missed. He picked himself up quickly, and turned to face his opponent head on.