News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall Search - A Redwall Search engine

Started by CaptainRocktree, April 12, 2015, 09:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of it?

Its awesome! Its ready for the Public!
3 (42.9%)
Pretty good! Just needs a few changes.
3 (42.9%)
Not bad, but it could use some work.
1 (14.3%)
I don't like it.
0 (0%)
Psh. I never want to see the forums again because of this rubbish!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

CaptainRocktree

Recently I have been working on a Redwall Search engine similar to "Google" or "Yahoo" except it only pulls up Redwall information, So far progress on the site has been good and its been working great! The site is still in Beta. Which means its not complete. I just threw together the site to hold the main thing, which is the search engine. I'd just like to share this with the forum members and I'd love some criticism before I make the site public, Thanks   ;).

Here yah go: http://bit.ly/1I5fh7g        Enjoy! -Cap'n Rock
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

I absolutely love the idea! This will definitely help me when looking up stuff about a character!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Delthion

If it's controllable a few less pop-up screens would be good. But other than that it's great!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Luftwaffles

That's awesome, man! *clap, clap, clap* :)

But one thing that doesn't quite work for me though, is that the "add a comment" thing doesn't go away. And that's kind of annoying.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

LordTBT

I guess my question is...what exactly is this search engine pulling up that the Search bar on the Redwall Wiki is not displaying?

Kitsune

It works fairly well, but I do not think there is a way to go back to the search bar without refreshing the page. Either that or I did not find out how. :P

The Mask

Quote from: LordTBT on April 26, 2015, 04:15:48 PM
I guess my question is...what exactly is this search engine pulling up that the Search bar on the Redwall Wiki is not displaying?
I suspect the wiki search only displays wiki pages. I think this is a general web search.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

LordTBT

Quote from: The Mask on April 27, 2015, 12:31:04 PM
Quote from: LordTBT on April 26, 2015, 04:15:48 PM
I suspect the wiki search only displays wiki pages. I think this is a general web search.

Not my question.

The Mask

I must have misunderstood then. What exactly are you asking then?
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock