Forum suggestion

Started by rachel25, February 10, 2016, 06:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

I realised we didn't have a suggestions topic and since its not clear how long it'll be until we get the old site back we could try and make this one as nice as possible.
I do have a suggestion, not important at all, but I thought maybe that the board names and such could be done in blue instead of red. My reason is because red is the redwall colour but this is Loamhedge and I always think of blue for some reason when I say the word Loamhedge. Just a thought.  ;)

Hickory

Blue is already the color of the Global Moderator's names as a link to their profiles, though.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

Maybe a different shade of blue?

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

We could do green. But I prefer the red it's always been, I like it.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Hmm. Maroon. Personally, I've associated Loamhedge with green or yellow, but this is nice. Makes it feel different.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lord Daskar

When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Gonff the Mousethief

I agree with Rachel on the Blue. It seems less busy that way.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Søren

I wonder what black would look like, if we aren't sure yet on the color. But I think the red is a nice change.

I'm retired from the forum

James Gryphon

@Gonff: I did try the blue text, but it just didn't work. The feeling and "energy", for lack of a better word, was wrong.

@Soren: I'm afraid that black could be very off, given the topic and the atmosphere we're looking for.

---

I think the green was a viable alternative. I've actually thought about making a secondary theme or two, and that would definitely be something to consider. In the end, though, people felt it wasn't quite as nice as the red, so we stuck with what everyone's familiar with. Then I made the red interface bars, etc. to match. The red bars might not stay exactly like this, but I expect any changes I make to be closer to this than what we had.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

I love the maroon! Darker red would look nice as well. So would green. Not too big on the Blue.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ashleg

Yeah, I think the way it is should be permanent.